Betrayal's Resurgence

I see,then here is the money"

"Thank you... thank you, Young Lord," the old man beamed at me with a wide smile.

"Young Lord, here... here is your silver ticket," he handed over the precious item.

I left the building, clutching the ticket tightly in my hand. It was getting late, and I knew I should make my way back to the manor. As I walked, something caught my attention—a figure with a covered face sneaking out from the manor and heading towards a desolate area. Curiosity got the better of me, and I decided to follow.

"Heh! I didn't think I could catch the noisy rat so soon," a voice emerged from the figure.

The person met with a well-built man, and although their conversation was muffled, I could hear enough to eavesdrop.

"So, what is it that is so important that you wanted to inform our master right away?" the man inquired in a rough voice.

"Our young... miss... she... has changed. She... she... called all the servants to her room and interrogated them," a trembling voice whispered.

"What should I do if the young miss suspects me and Jannat of being spies? I'm only doing this for money. I don't want to risk my life," the voice continued, filled with fear.

"Heh, so that's the matter! Even if your young miss changes, she will still be that dumb villainess who can't even harness elemental power," the rough-voiced man scoffed.

"Oh, so they think I'm funny and useless," I smirked to myself.

With a swift motion, I descended from the tree, landing right in front of them.

"Hey, buddies. What's up?" I greeted them casually.

The young man, startled by my sudden appearance, drew out a knife. "Who the hell are you?" he demanded.

"Oh, boy, I am that useless maid you mentioned," I glared at him, my eyes piercing through the darkness.

The dresser trembled, realizing who I was. "Miss... Miss... I'm sorry... It's my fault... Please spare my life," he pleaded, fear evident in his voice.

"Are you an idiot? I could just kill your young miss now that the opportunity presents itself," the rough man threatened, raising his knife and lunging towards me.

My expression remained unfazed as I watched him approach. "Oh, man. Even if I am weak, it doesn't mean I'm too weak to deal with a rogue like you," I taunted with a smirk.

The air crackled with tension as our clash seemed imminent, each of us prepared to fight for our own reasons.