Enter Magic Forest

""Hmm, the engagement between the imperial family and the Mackil Dukedom was not solely for political reasons. Miss Helen appeared to be obsessed with Prince William. However, a sudden change of heart has taken place. Helen has started a unique business, visiting auction houses and purchasing slaves, and now she has abruptly canceled the engagement. The change is truly intriguing. I would love to visit and learn more about this rumored queen," Brake smirked, his cold face directed towards the direction of the imperial palace.

Just then, James entered the room. "Duke, the preparations for the subjugation are complete. We should be able to finish it within the next two months if everything goes as expected," James, the Duke's assistant, informed.

"James, what are your thoughts on someone suddenly changing?" Brake asked, his gaze still fixed on the window.

"A sudden change? They must have encountered something that led them to become a different person! Why do you ask, my lord?" James responded, visibly confused.

"Nothing, I just heard some interesting news. Anyway, if everything is prepared, let us depart for the subjugation tomorrow itself," Duke answered, turning towards James from the window.

"Yes, my lord," James replied.

The following morning, the subjugation team departed from the mansion. They made their way to the Magic Forest, which was home to many evil beasts as well as a few holy beasts. Holy beasts were exceedingly rare, with the only known holy beasts being the Golden Deer, White Lion, Red Wolf, and Unicorn. These holy beasts resided deep within the forest, far away from the territory of the evil beasts.

After two days of continuous travel on horseback, Brakinson Carter and his knights entered the forest. James remained behind to oversee the mansion. As they ventured into the forest, darkness enveloped them like night, with fog shrouding the damp environment. The knights proceeded cautiously on their horses, with Brake leading them towards the west side of the forest where a higher concentration of evil beasts could be found.

Knowing that it was the breeding season and the evil beasts would fiercely protect their offspring, Brake anticipated encountering heightened aggression.

While searching for evil beasts, a gigantic red scorpion screeched as it launched its attack. These creatures would typically release a red venom to paralyze and poison their enemies. Brake unsheathed his sword, being both a sword master and a fire elementalist, making it easier for him to subdue the evil beast.

Fire elementalists who had achieved higher levels of practice possessed blue flames instead of red, known as holy fire. This type of fire was primarily used to slay evil beasts. Although light elementalists were exclusively reserved for the imperial family, the rare fire elementalists held greater significance due to their ability to combat these monstrous creatures.

Drawing his sword, Brake leaped onto a high rock and instructed his knights to focus their attacks on the scorpion's feet. They had to position themselves beneath the scorpion to strike while avoiding the venom it spat. The scorpion's shell was impervious to sword strikes. Once the knights initiated their assault on the scorpion's feet, Brake imbued his sword with the blue holy fire. He leaped down from the rock, raising his sword high, and with a single powerful slash, cleaved through the thick shell of the scorpion. The scene was mesmerizing, with Brake's tall figure and black hair silhouetted against the moon. It was as if a warrior descended from the heavens.

As soon as Brake raised his sword, the knights swiftly retreated from the scorpion. Once slain, the scorpion's venom would splash onto the ground, obliterating all surrounding vegetation and living organisms. Knowing this, the knights sought shelter under the rocks.
After Brakinson had slain the scorpion, he promptly ordered the knights to search for the creature's lair and its offspring. The knights diligently scoured the area, eventually stumbling upon a cave entrance that led to an underground chamber. As they ventured into the cave, they discovered a multitude of discarded eggshells strewn across the floor, indicating that the scorpion had indeed laid its young. However, to their bewilderment, the babies were nowhere to be found.

This revelation posed a grave concern, as it could only imply one of two distressing possibilities. Firstly, it was plausible that the scorpion's offspring had perished, falling victim to other formidable predators capable of contending with such a colossal creature. Alternatively, and perhaps even more unsettling, someone had deliberately absconded with the younglings.

The notion of someone absconding with the offspring of an evil beast raised numerous questions. Who would have the audacity and motive to engage in such an act? What purpose could there be in pilfering the progeny of a dangerous and venomous creature? The enigma surrounding the disappearance of the scorpion's babies added an additional layer of intrigue to the already perilous expedition.

The subjugation team found themselves confronted not only with the treacherous threat of the evil beasts but now also with the mystery of the missing scorpion offspring. Brake's steely determination intensified as he vowed to unravel the truth behind this peculiar occurrence. Little did he know that this intricate puzzle would lead him down a path fraught with unforeseen dangers and revelations that would test his mettle as a warrior and leader.