Palace invitation?

Helen refrained from visiting the mall on a daily basis, trusting Lusav's competent management. Instead, she dedicated her time to honing her elemental powers within the confines of her home. Occasionally, the Duke would pay her a visit, and they would share delightful breakfasts or suppers together. Additionally, she cherished her heartfelt conversations with her father, relishing their precious moments of connection.

The enigmatic spy, Agatha, who had been apprehended in her role as the treacherous dresser, clandestinely updated Helen on crucial information, such as the impending arrival of the next agent dispatched by their master. Jannat, Helen's fellow conspirator and confidante, remained oblivious to Agatha's capture. Bound by their shared treasonous intentions, Jannat continued her covert activities, ensuring that Helen consumed a daily dose of poisoned soup. Fearlessly, Helen imbibed the noxious concoction, her faith unwavering in the antidote that would render the poison impotent, never again capable of harming her.

Then, on a seemingly ordinary day, an unexpected missive arrived at Helen's desk-an invitation that deviated from her usual correspondence. For far too long, she had been branded as the villainess who tormented the hapless Clivat, a reputation further compounded by her perceived interference in a turbulent love affair. Unjustly maligned, Helen merely sought love and affection from her betrothed, yet the world remained partial to Clivat's cause. Thus, she approached the invitation with a mixture of trepidation and curiosity, its contents revealing a rare opportunity to partake in a tea gathering with the illustrious empress, mother to the crown prince.

Renowned for her vexing disposition and an insidious penchant for pitting women against each other in their pursuit of her son's affections, the empress's character had been astutely delineated within the pages of a novel that Helen had previously devoured. Aware of the empress's scheming nature, Helen instinctively recognized that the invitation concealed a web of intrigue, spun by the cunning matriarch herself.