Whispers of Deception: Unveiling Shadows at the Auction

"Why should I spare you?" My voice dripped with malice as I stared down the trembling dresser, contemplating the fate that awaited her.

"Please, young miss, I will do anything you ask of me. Spare my life," she pleaded, desperation lacing her words.

I narrowed my eyes, considering her plea. For now, there was potential use in keeping her alive. With a tone that brooked no argument, I issued my commands.

"Very well. Return from whence you came. I will summon you when needed. But remember this, if you breathe a word of what you witnessed here, your life will be forfeit, and those precious jewels around your neck will be of no consequence," I warned, my words leaving no room for negotiation.

"Yes, young miss. I will obey your every command and keep your secret," the maid stammered, a mixture of relief and fear palpable in her response.

With that, the maid hastily left the scene, her fate now intricately intertwined with my whims.

"Ah, what a thrilling kill it was, after so many days. My first in this world," I mused, a glimmer of excitement dancing in my eyes. "Now, I must bide my time, nurture this vessel, and reclaim my former capabilities."

An anticipatory sense filled me as I pondered the mysteries surrounding my new body. Why had someone poisoned it? What secrets were they trying to conceal? And most intriguing of all, what elemental powers did this body possess, inherited from its previous owner, Helen?

On the day of the auction, I arrived at the venue, my silver ticket granting me a seat in the second row. A numbered card was placed in my hands, to be raised when bidding for an item.

"Enter, young master. As a silver ticket holder, your seat is in the second row. This is your number. Raise it when you wish to bid," the servant informed me.

"Very well. You may leave," I dismissed the servant, my focus now solely on the imminent commencement of the auction.

The room buzzed with excitement as the auction began, promising a night filled with intrigue and high-stakes transactions.

.