Chapter 1- Different

Ruby^^^

Everything was dark around her. Not a single trace of light was to be seen. She walked around the darkness scared out of her mind, not being able to see anything nor anyone, if there even was anything or anyone to see.

Suddenly she heard a frustrated shout coming from her right. She looked into that direction and saw three sillhouettes of something that looked like three girls, judging by the shape of their bodies and hair.

She walked closer and confirmed that they really were three gorgeous girls that were looking around confused and angry.

The middle one, who had silvery-blue hair tide up in a high ponytail, moved her head slightly to the left and from the corner of her eye she saw her. They made eye contact and she got scared by the fierce look on the girl's blue eyes but, also felt butterflies in her stomach.

The other two also noticed her and looked at her with the same, suspicious and fierce look of the middle one. This time, she had a huge kaleidoscope in her stomach.

"W-Who are you?" She stuttered, her voice echoing through the darkness.

The left one raised her eyebrow and the right one crossed her arms. But the middle one raised her right arm and the last thing she saw was a white blue-ish flash right after two words said by a strong but, sweet voice.

"Ice Attack."

Ruby woke up gasping with her heart racing like crazy.

Who on Earth are those girls? She thought, trying to catch her breath.

She has been having this kind of dreams every night for nine months. Always surrounded by darkness, with nothing in sight but, then three girls appeared, though it was the first time they've ever shared any words since Ruby always woke up before she had the chance to say anything.

She looked at her clock on the bedside table and sighed. It was 8:30 am in a summer vacation day and now she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

Ruby groaned and got up from her bed to get ready for the day. She took a quick shower and brushed her long, shiny red hair and combed it into a half up, half down ponytail. She put on her favourite black eyeshadow and her usual red lipstick. She wore a black laced shirt with a black and red plaid jacket, black ripped jeans and a "naughty" choker. She put on high-heeled boots and was ready.

She got out of her room at 9:30 am and saw her sister and mother getting out of the room in front of her

She got out of her room at 9:30 am and saw her sister and mother getting out of the room in front of her. Bloom, her older sister, had a tired and slightly annoyed look in her face while her mother had a shocked expression.

"Ruby? You're awake? At this hour?" Asked her mother, surprise spread all over her voice.

"So is Bloom. Why are you not shocked about her?" Ruby asked.

"I woke her up but, I surely didn't wake you up and you are worse than your sister, sleepyhead." Ruby shrugged and walked away.

"I had a nightmare."