Chapter 53- Caged

How come that everything was perfect in one second, but in the next it all just crumbled? How come that, when you are happy, life always finds a way to make you miserable?

Ruby stared at the cushion floor, as the therapist spoke to her. This was a different therapist, one even more specialized than Amelia or Dr. Wilson but, he wasn't them, he didn't understand her as well as them.

"Ruby, if we are going to make this work we both need to talk to each other." The man, Dr. James Cooper, said calmly after noticing the girl wasn't paying attention to him. Ruby simply glared at the ground and kept quiet making the man sigh. "I heard you haven't eaten at all. It's been three days, you need to eat."

Again silence.

Looking at his watch the man announced that it was the end of their session. Quite the session, must I add. He talked and talked and talked and Ruby just stared at the ground with her hand constantly gripping the cloth on her chest where her necklace was supposed to be.

The nurses and doctors made sure Ruby didn't have anything sharp on her. They cut off her nails against her will. The forks and knives they gave her along with the food were made out of plastic and the plates were paper. Even the cups were made of carton. 

The only thing they let her keep was her sketchbook and a pretty big collection of crayons with which Ruby did beautiful masterpieces.  

The pages were filled with disturbing drawings of the Trix.

The doctors would spend hours watching Ruby obssessivily drawing the three girls but, not only drawing them but, also drawing weird symbols around their bodies. They tried to decipher them but, no one on the internet knew anything about that alphabet. When they tried to ask Ruby they were met with more silence from the redhead only ocasionally getting a small "Out" or a "They'll be here" which bothered them a little bit. 

But, there was no doubt about one thing, Ruby had gone completely mad.

"Please, tell me our daughter will be ok." Vanessa pleaded looking at her daughter through the computer on their visit.

"It will take time. Your daughter is a dificult case but, nothing we haven't delt with before." The doctor assured the family.

"Please tell me you fired the nurse." Mike said with hate all over his eyes.

"Of course, Dolores was fired two days ago. The director won't tolerate her behaviour anymore."

"Can I talk to her?" Bloom asked after closing the sketchbook, finally being done looking through it.

"Yes, of course, there's a microphone here that you can..." The doctor started but, the fairy interrupted him.

"Oh, no Mr., I want to speak to her face to face if you don't mind."

"Oh, yes of course, silly me. Follow me." He said with a small laugh before guiding the family to the room Ruby was staying in. "I'm sure you all want to talk to her but, I believe it's better if you don't go all at once into the room. Ruby is very stressed and doesn't want people around her I think if you all went in it would be very overwhelming."

"You're right, we'll go one at a time." Mike said getting in first once they arrived at the door.

The three waited for a few minutes before the father came back out, looking sad.

"So? How did it go?" Vanessa asked.

"Bad. I don't know what that woman did to our little girl but, she's not herself. She didn't speak at all, she barely even acknowledged my presence." Mike said worriedly.