Chapter 33- Monster

Warning: Blood, torture, sexual harrassment, homophobia, mentions of rape.
(If you don't feel comfortable with any of these things do not read this, there will be a small summary in the next chapter.)

Ruby flew as fast as she could through the streets of Magix trying to find her friend in danger. Looking down to the city she couldn't stop thinking about Darcy and her scent and her eyes and her hair and her embrace and her everything. The image of the brunette was stuck in her head and it didn't matter how many times she tried to shake it away, it always comes back to her.

Stop, stop it, stop it. Focus on finding Musa. Focus on Musa.

She kept telling herself the same thing over and over again but, there was no way of escaping her.

Suddenly there was a loud boom coming from oeste. Ruby immediately flew into that direction. The noise came from an alley which one of the walls was completely destroyed and she could guess it was because of the Red Fountain Aircraft that was there along with the Specialists and Winx that were fighting off the witches.

Ruby saw Riven and Darcy arriving at the fight and the arrogant Specialist immediately started fighting Brandon agressivily while the other witches tried to attack the fairies but, Prince Sky didn't let them go through him which angered Icy and Stormy who created a snow storm together.

A lightining almost struck Ruby but, she was able to dodge and land in the middle of the fight.

"Ruby. Oh my goodness, you're alright." Bloom said flying towards her sister and giving her a tight hug. "Wait." She said pulling away. "Aren't you supposed to be in therapy right now."

"Um, well..." Ruby said trying to come up with an excuse but, behind Bloom, Stormy was about to blast them. "Watch out."

She grabbed her sister and flew to the side, dodging Stormy's attack.

"Thanks, Bea." 

Ruby heard an explosion coming from her left side and she saw a car burning and Stella was right behind it, unconscious. She tried to fly towards her but, she was blasted by some kind of blue energy. The redhead crashed against a wall and fell to her knees, looking up to see Sam, the arrogant wizard from the welcoming gift party, approaching her with a wicked grin.

"Already on your knees for me, sweetheart?" He asked with a sickening voice. "Didn't excpect you to submit so easily."

Hearing those words come from him, Ruby growled and blasted him with her magic and he was projected backwards but, remained on his feet unbothered.

"Nice try, sweetie." He said with a chuckle. "But, I'm the best senior wizard at Red Fountain, you'll have to do much better than that."

Ruby felt herself be blinded by rage and hate but, she pushed those feelings down knowing that it wasn't the time to be sloppy. That guy was clearly powerful and with lots of experience, she had to be careful with him.

The goth fairy stood up and glared at him but, taking in a deep breath.

"I agree. If the kind of guys who like me are like you, I definitely have to raise my level drastically." 

Sam's grin fell for a second but, then it came back into his face.

"So you can be on my level?" He asked stepping closer. "I feel flattered you'd do that for me."

Ruby blasted him once again with much more strenght and it seemed like he was a bit more shaken down by that but, nothing much, which annoyed Ruby deeply. The thought that she hadn't used almost any of her magic is what calmed her down.

"I guess we both feel something in our stomach whenever we see each other." Ruby said with a blank look on her face.

"Oh, yeah? And what's that?" Sam asked with a smirk.