Chapter 36- Catastrophic Pageant

"I wanna go hoooome." Ruby whined leaning against her sister.

"No, we have to support Stella so stop whining." Bloom scolded.

"I'm not whining." Ruby argued.

"Oh, you're not?" Musa asked with a mocking smirk. "Does this sound familiar to you? Let me go pleaseeeeeee. I don't want to be in a Beauty Pageant."

The four girls laughed while Ruby stuck out her tongue at them and looked back at the stage when the host started talking.

"Ladies and gentleman, a warm and magic welcome to this year's edition of the one and only, Miss Magix Pageant." The man started presenting. "Tonight, fifteen beautiful young women will battle for the title. We all know the rule, no magic. All curses and spells are strictly prohibited and will lead to discualification. This contest is a celebration of natural beauty. What could be more enchanting, ladies and gentleman?"

"How about inner beauty?" Ruby said sighing. "And am I the only one that thinks this guy is a little too excited aboout this? I mean, who gestures that much when talking? And not only with his hands but, with his whole body."

Musa giggled but, Bloom sighed.

"This is how you present any kind of contest, Ruby." Her sister explained.

"Yeah but, do you have to look like a fucking complete stupid while doing so?" 

Bloom rolled her eyes and ignored her sister looking back at the stage where the girls were walking as soon as their name was called.

"I agree, he looks like a fool." A voice said in Ruby's head making her jump a bit.

"Jesus, don't do that." Ruby said in her head and Darcy laughed in return.

"But, it's so much fun like this."

"Whatever." 

"Where are you? You're not in the audience."

"VIP seats. Very important people, I think it fits."

"I thought fairies were more humble."

"Bitch, have you met Stella?"  

Darcy laughed in her head which made Ruby smile which made her grateful the witch couldn't see her.

"It's true. How does that tight top goes through that big head of hers?"

"Who knows."

"I heard you didn't want to be here."

"So you've been spying on me."

"I think you should already know the answer to that, little one."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"But, I assure you that this Pageant will be worth it."

"What do you mean?"

"RUBY."

The redhead almost fell from her seat once she heard Stella's shout.

"What the fuck, Blondie?" Ruby asked, feeling like her heart would pop out of her chest.

"I've been calling your name for ages. Where were you?" Stella asked angry.

"I was... thinking." 

"About what?" The blonde said through gritted teeth.

"Us."

"Not now."

The witch laughed in Ruby's head.