Chapter 47- The nightmare on Alfea street

Have you ever had the feeling that something terrible is going to happen? Something that could completely change the course of your life?

That was the feeling Ruby was having at that moment, lying in bed, drawing while waiting for her sister and friends to come back from their time together.

She couldn't explain it, but for some reason she was overly alert. There were times when she thought she saw something moving out of the corner of her eye, but when she looked, there was nothing.

She didn't even feel watched, but she felt deep inside that something was approaching. The silence was too big, so big that she could hear her own heart beating.

What could be making her so alert? Not even the previous Trix attacks had left her like this. No. Whatever was coming was different. More dangerous, more final.

Suddenly, the door to her room burst open, causing her to impulsively jump out of bed and run with immense speed towards whoever had opened it, slamming her against the wall, her eyes glowing a bright, dangerous red.

"Ruby, what are you doing?" Bloom shouted in fright, which caused Ruby to snap out of her state of defense.

"Oh my god, Bloom. I'm so sorry." the younger fairy said, letting go of her sister.

"Why did you do that, Rubes? Stella asked. "And since when do you run so fast?"

"I-I don't know, I just have a bad. Earlier I heard a rustling sound and..."

"Wait, you heard that too? Tecna asked alerting Ruby even more.

"I did."

The two friends shared a worried look. The other four weren't worried about anything, though.

"You guys are just imagining things." Musa said in bewilderment.

"Nothing a good night's sleep won't fix." Flora said with a sweet smile. "Good night everyone."

"Good night." The others said.

Before the bedroom door closed completely, Tecna and Ruby looked at each other worriedly. There was definitely something going on.

Ruby tooks a deep breath and decides to take Flora's advice and go to sleep. Maybe it was just lack of sleep, so she lay down and closed her eyes.

Moments later, most likely a few hours, everyone woke up to a terrified scream coming from Stella's room. Bloom, Flora and Ruby looked at each other worriedly and ran out of bed, towards the blonde's dormitory. Outside, Musa and Tecna had already left the room they shared and were opening the door to Stella's room, where the fairy was lying, hugging her pillow with a frightened expression and breathing heavily.

The five girls rushed to their scared friend's side to comfort her.

"Stella what happened?" Bloom asked. "Why were you screaming?"

"I-I don't know." Said the blonde with wide, scared, eyes. "I was dreaming."

"Stella you poor thing." Flora said sympathetically. "You must've had a nightmare. Do you remember what it was about?

"No, I don't but, it was much more than just a nightmare." Stella explained. "It was as if someone was watching me."

"Me and Ruby have said it before. There's something really strange in the air tonight." Tecna told them.

"And, I don't want to sound smug or anything but, my gut is never wrong." Ruby said seriously. "Something's going on."

"Oh wow, I don't understand what the big fuss is about." Musa said standing up from her seat in the ground. "Stella nightmare, so what? I'm going back to bed."