Chapter 34- Light or Dark

In the previous chapter:
Ruby went to look and save her friend Musa and found herself in the middle of a fight between fairies, specialists and witches. And also one Red Fountain wizard, Sam. He attacked her and harrassed her to the point of threatening to rape her. He attacked Icy and Darcy as well and all of this made Ruby snap.

A dark force took over her and her magic became something that looked like black blood. She, unintentionally, tortured him and almost killed him until Stormy stopped her.

She considers herself a monster after all that because she enjoyed making him pay.

__________________________________________________________

Ruby didn't leave the room for a whole week.

Her friends and sister tried to talk to her but, she never allowed them in. Once in a while she let Bloom and Kiko in and they'd cuddle not speaking. The older redhead knew better then to push her at that moment. The silly bunny was able to steal her a small smile once in a while.

But she cried herself to sleep every night, kept sketching her dark thoughts non-stoping and when she did stop was only because of a panic attack and to speak with Dr. Wilson explaining everything that happened. Well, almost everything.

"What happened, Ruby?" Dr. Wilson asked in the other line on their first talk.

"I almost killed someone and I still don't know if he'll survive." Ruby said sobbing.

"What do you mean you almost killed someone, dear? How?"

"He... tried to rape me and we... were in the roof of a rather tall building. Three floors I think, and I pushed him." Ruby lied.

"Oh, dear calm down, take a deep breath. There's a 48-50% chance that he might survive."

"Then there's a 50-52% chance that he might not."

"It wasn't your fault Ruby. He was trying to harm you."

"But, he doesn't deserve to die."

Ruby had many, many breakdowns that week leading to many, many talks with Dr. Wilson. The woman patiently spoke to her all those times, advising her, calming her and actually bringing her comfort. 

Luckily Ruby went through that week with only two new cuts on her arms. Knowing herself, Ruby knew if she hadn't spoke to her therapist, then something much worse might've happened to her.

Dr. Wilson soon advised the redhead to come out of her room once she told her that she hadn't come out for a week.

Ruby waited a day until she put herself together, opened the blinds that were closed all the time, brushed her VERY tangled hair into its naturally shiny self, had a shower that had been postponed a week, brushed her teeth, got dressed, put on her makeup and sunglasses, since she's been crying a lot and unlocked the door of her room, finally coming out. 

The second she placed a foot out of the room she was thrown to the floor by five bodies hugging her.

"Oh Ruby, we missed you so much." Flora said squeezing her friend.

"Yeah, I missed trying to force to wear something fashionable only for you to throw it in my face." Stella complained.

"And I missed sharing playlists with you." Musa said.

"And I didn't have anyone to play video games with." Tecna said.

"And we were all worried about your well being, Bea." Bloom finished.

"If you're so worried about my well being than why are you choking me?" Ruby asked struggling to breath in their tight grip.

"Sorry." The five girls said, letting go of the redhead and standing up.