Chapter 8- Don't belong

Warning: Panic attack, self-hate and self-harm.

Ruby opened her eyes and the first thing she did when gaining back consciousness was starting to shake, because of the cold.

"We are taking you with us."

The Ice Witch had said and that's what made Ruby really wake up and look at her surroundings. To her relief she saw her new found friends and her sister next to her, shaking. There were no signs of evil, gorgeous, witches. The girls had saved them.

Stella put their hands in both the girl's shoulders and heat started to emanate from her body, warming the cold sisters up.

"Ruby, Bloom are you girls alright?" Stella asked worried. "It's ok, you're safe now. You know, girls. For two earthlings I must admit, you did really well. You were very great. I mean, Ruby, punched Stormy right in the face. That was awesome."

"Stella." The three remaining girls called from behind the fairy.

"Is there anything we should know about, Bloom and Ruby of Calisto?" Flora asked, mad.

"Uh, well. I might've been fibbing a bit about Bloom and Ruby's background." Stella tried to defend herself but, gave up. "Uh, I'll explain everything on our way back to Alfea."

Bloom laughed awkwardly.

"You bet you will." Musa said.

"Come on, we're already so late for curfew." Tecna said and the six girls quickly stood up and ran towards the bus station where they caught one that drove them to Alfea.

Ruby sat next to Flora and played with the rings on her fingers nervously.

"Why'd you lie to me?" Flora asked and looked kinda hurt, even though they've just met.

"U-Uh, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry but, me and my sister weren't in the list for Alfea and we really wanted to get in well, Bloom wanted, so we just lied about being the princesses Varanda and Veronica of Calisto so we could get in. I apologize for being insincere with you."

Flora smiled and hugged the ginger, making her tense up a bit.

"It's ok sweetie, you don't need to apologize."

She pulled away and the plant fairy smiled at her to which Ruby returned.

"Cool." Ruby simply said after facing forward with her heart racing slightly.

When they arrived, they walked inside the school grounds as quietly as possible.

"Alright the coast is free." Stella whispered after checking.

They started walking towards the entrance but, they heard someone clear their throat and then a light illuminated them like they were the main singers at a concert with the spot lights all on them.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" Griselda asked, approaching the girls along with Headmistress Faragonda.

"Young ladies we were worried sick." Faragonda said, in a kinder tone than Griselda's. "Go to bed immediately we'll discuss the rules again tomorrow."

The group of six girls started to go away but, Bloom and Ruby were stopped in her tracks by Griselda.

"Not so fast princess Varanda and princess Veronica. Isn't there something you forgot to tell us?"

"Nope." Ruby said with no emotion in her face, receiving a glare from Griselda.

"Alright." Bloom said, giving in. "My name's Bloom and this is my sister Ruby, we're from Earth." Griselda chuckled proudly.