Chapter 42- Flames extinguished

Darcy and Ruby laid down together on the little red and white chess blanket, looking up at the stars, for a long time. The redhead was sure it was way past her curfew but, did she care? She had a beautiful brunette laying on top of her. Of course she didn't.

The witch pointed out a few constelations which Ruby couldn't see. 

"People say there are drawing in the starry sky but, I just can't see a thing." Ruby justified after not seeing the third constelation Darcy pointed at. "How can you see specific drawings out of little dots?"

"You must look up and imagine the lines. Over there it's the Ursa Major." Darcy said pointing up to the sky. "Try imagining a few lines conecting those dots."

"In that case I could see the Ursa Major anywhere." Ruby argued. "I just have to connect the dots in any stars and voila, there's our cute little constelation."

"That's not how it works." Darcy chuckled.

"And why is it called Ursa Major?" Ruby wondered. "It doesn't look like a bear at all. It looks more like a pot with a handle."

Darcy laughed loudly at the redhead's ignorance and lack of knowledge on Astronomy.

"A pot with a handle?"

"Yeah. And the Ursa Minor looks the same, but smaller."

Darcy laughed again.

"You're so silly."

"I know." 

The witch looked up at the sky again with a smile in her face. However, it vanished almost immediately. She sat up confusing Ruby who did so too.

"What's wrong?" The redhead asked.

"Didn't the sun set a few hours ago?" Darcy asked looking up with a concerned expression.

"Yeah, why?"

The brunette grabbed Ruby's chin and lifted her head up to the sky as well.

"Then why is the sky orange?"

Ruby's eyes widened and she stood up from the ground looking up at the dark blue and orange sky, seeing a lot of smoke as well.

"Come." Ruby said, grabbing Darcy's hand and ran towards the smoke dragging her along.

Once they were out of the forest, they could see exactly from what direction the smoke was coming.

"isn't your mother's shop that way, little one?" Darcy asked worryingly.

Ruby felt herself getting breathless upon hearing the witch comfirm what she was suspecting.

"Magic Winx." She said and once transformed,she took off immediately.

The redhead flew as fast as she could towards her mother's shop, tears of worry and despair going down her cheeks not wanting it to be true. But unfortunately it was.

She stopped flying and looked down seeing her mother's shop on fire and the firefighters were trying to stop it. Her parents car was also parked there but, the only one she saw was her mother, crying with a worried expression. Ruby quickly landed behind Vanessa, only noticing that Darcy was following her once she landed next to her.

"Mom." Ruby said, running towards her mother and de-transforming.

"Ruby." Vanessa said hugging her daughter. "Oh, I was so worried."

"I know, I'm sorry, we lost track of time." Ruby said pulling away. "Where's dad and Bloom?"

Vanessa hesitated on the answer which only concerned Ruby further.