Chapter 55- Protected

Ruby sighed contently leaning her head against a cold hand stroking her head in her sleep. It was so relaxing along with the soft humming of a woman.

Wait, what? Who's touching me?

The redhead jolted awake and moved the hand away in fear. Relief filled her when she understood she wasn't in a straight jacket anymore and finally could move her arms around but, she it was harder than she thought. Turns out her arms were heavier than before.

"Don't move, Darling." A soft voice said. "You're still too weak."

Ruby turned her head to the side and saw Icy sitting next to her with a soft smile. The fairy smiled back and reached for the witches hand, interlocking their fingers. Icy leaned down and kissed her forehead. She had very cold lips, but it was a welcomed coldness.

The redhead tried to sit up, but failed miserably since her body was basically only skin, bone and organs.

"Easy, Darling." Icy said grabbing Ruby's fragile body and helping her sit up. The fairy leaned against the witch and closed her eyes again, breathing in her strong mint sent with a smile. "Now, now, Ruby. Don't fall asleep again."

"But I want to." Ruby whined. "You're comfortable."

"And you need to eat, remember? Or would you rather keep starving?"

"It depends. If I choose to eat will you let me sleep on top of you?"

Icy laughed and hugged Ruby tighter.

"Of course, now eat." The witch reached for an oatmeal on top of the bedside table and handed it to Ruby.

Before the fairy started eating, she gathered all her strenght to sat in between Icy's legs and lean her back against her front. The witch wrapped her arms around Ruby's waist and gripped her tightly, as if she was afraid she would disappear right there if she didn't.

"Wait, are we in Cloud Tower?" Ruby asked looking around the familiar dark room. "I thought you were expelled."

"We conquered it. Griffin and the others are locked up in the dungeon.

"Wow, you don't waste any time do you?" Ruby joked taking a bite of her food. "Where are the other two dinguses?" 

"I don't know. Somewhere."

"Gee thanks, enlightening." Ruby joked chuckling.

"I'm so glad you're alright." Icy said kissing Ruby's temple. "You have no idea how worried we were about you."

"So was I. Why didn't you visit sooner?" Ruby asked, feeling sad as she ate.

"We wanted to but, I guess we were too frightened to see you."

"How so? I don't bite unlike Stormy."

"Well it's just... Stormy bites?"

"I honestly don't know but, she sure does look like someone that does and not in a good way." 

Icy chuckled and gripped the fairy tighter.

"Anyways, we were scared because we were afraid that you'd blame us for what happened, for trying to kil yourself and for being stuck in that place."

"It wasn't your fault any of it. At least I never blamed you." Ruby said honestly. "It was that monster that didn't know how to obey orders and it was Bloom that sent me there, not you."

"But, I shouldn't have sent the damned creature like you asked but, I was too thristy for power that I didn't listen and because of that you tried to..." Icy cut herself off with a sob, shocking Ruby. But that wasn't the time to be shocked.