Chapter 10- Shopping for wings

"NO. No, no, no, no, no, no and no. Did I mention NO." Ruby yelled making everyone slightly startled. "I will NOT, go shopping, it's against everything I believe in."

"Then how do you get clothes?" Musa asked, looking at Ruby up and down. twice, to make sure she wasn't preparing herself to attack them.

"I shop online in the comfort of my bed."

"Now, that I won't allow." Stella said grabbing Ruby's wrist. "You can buy the most witchy, dark and gloomy dress you want but, you will experience the most incredible activity there is at least this one time, Ruby."

Ruby yanked her wrist from Stella's hand.

"No, Stella. I don't like shopping because everyone stares at me and cringes at my choice of clothing."

"But, that's on Earth, sweetie. In here they won't do such thing." Flora said trying to convince her.

Ruby raised an eyebrow at her.

"Flora, in here it would be worse. Only that people in here might, at least, be slightly more discrete when calling me a witch or freak."

Her words hurt Flora, who hugged her, feeling sorry that her friend had to go through all that. Ruby tensed up in her new friend's tight grasp and pulled away as soon as she could but, still not too soon, to not hurt the girl's feelings.

"But, this time, you'll have us." Tecna said and Stella jumped on the bed and closed her fist dramatically.

"Exactly, we will protect you from nosy eyes and rude comments and you will buy a gorgeous dress because, even though I said it, I will never ever, ever let you buy a witchy one."

Ruby sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll go shopping with you guys." They all cheered. "Just get off my bed, Stella."

The sun and moon fairy jumped from the bed and laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of her head

The six girls got out of the school right after dealing with their chores to make the ball beautiful. Musa went for the music, Tecna to the lighting and Bloom, Ruby, Flora and Stella, who barely helped, decorated the place along with some other students.

When they arrived to Magix, Stella almost immediately pulled Ruby with her towards a shop, like she was afraid that the redhead would quit at the last minute.

Bloom tried on hundreds of dresses but, Ruby didn't seem to like anything or, when she liked at least a little bit, Stella never liked it and they would move on to yet another store.

When Bloom finally found a dress to everyone's liking the girls went even more insistent on Ruby.

"How about this one?"

"This one maybe?"

"That Black one's gorgeous, you should try it."

But Ruby always said no. Until her sister arrived with a polyester red dress that actually caught her attention slightly.

 Until her sister arrived with a polyester red dress that actually caught her attention slightly