Chapter 18- Linked

Ruby rode to the pharmacy and waited for her turn for a few minutes. When she approached the lady behind the counter, seeing the bleeding nose, the woman looked at her like many adults have for many months. With pity.

"Hey, I would like this please." Ruby said handing the woman the sheet of the doctor which she took.

She looked at the sheet and her eyebrows raised in shock.

"Three boxes? They usually ask for one." 

Ruby shrugged.

"I guess I'm not like the usual." She said with a blank look, giving the woman the hint to shut up and do as she was told.

She stood up and went to get the Paroxetine that Ruby requested and gave it to her.

"That'll be $120." Ruby took out her wallet and handed her savings to the woman. "Have a nice day."

"Yeah, not happening." Ruby mumbled to herself before going away.

She walked into an alley and sat down in the floor taking a bottle of water from her bag. She opened one of the boxes and put two pill in her hand, swallowing both of them with the help of the water.

Suddenly she received a notification from her phone and when she turned it on to see who it was she saw the time in her phone.

6:20? Oh shit.

Ruby stood up and rode her skate as fast as she could back to the abandoned house.She threw the skateboard somewhere in the room, it didn't matter where, and closed the door and placing the key in the lock.

"M--" Ruby stopped herself from saying anything remembering what Headmistress Faragonda had said the day before.

"This one in particular is enchanted to only let you travel from Alfea to Earth and vice versa."

"Fuck" Ruby whispered under her breath.

If she went back to Alfea she wouldn't be able to get to Magix City on time and something told her that the witches wouldn't like for her to be late. And also, she wasn't even sure if she could get out of Alfea after getting back there because of Griselda.

"Magix City." She said but, nothing happened, the key didn't even turn the slightest. "Magix City." She said and then tried again, with no better results. "Magix City." Ruby repeated, getting angrier but, there was still nothing happening. "MAGIX CITY, DAMN IT." She shouted hitting the door with her open right hand, only to scream of pain afterwards, forgetting that she had broken it. She groaned frustrated.

She looked at her hand and remebered something the Trix had said once.

"She is very powerful. Too powerful."

"She spied on us from Earth to here on accident. That kind of magic doesn't happen on accident."

Ruby didn't want to be smug but, she herself agreed with them. She had done a good amount of magic without even trying and sometimes without even knowing she was doing it. Maybe she could overpower whatever spell Faragonda had put in it.

The redhead fairy grabbed the key again and leaned her other hand on the door. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath focusing herself on her magic. When she opened her eyes again they were glowing a dangerous shade of red.

"Magix City." She said and the same yellow glow of earlier came out of the door again.

Deciding to not keep her hopes up before knowing what was behind that door Ruby opened it, stepped through it and saw the streets of Magix City before her eyes. She smiled. Looking forward there was a pub where a bunch of goth, creepy looking girls were hanging out.