Chapter 16- Hunting the Hunter

Ruby jumped into one of the clumps and so did everyone else with the other ones. The clumps weren't very stable which caused whole group to struggle on steadying themselves.

"I-I know this sounds crazy but, I think these clumps of turf a-are moving." Stella said trying to remain on her feet.

"I was thinking the exact same thing." Bloom said.

"You can all stop thinking now because, these clumps of turf are moving for real." Tecna informed them.

Suddenly the clumps started to move forward because of the river's flow giving the girls and Specialist a harder time to keep their balance. They all jumped from one turf to another, away from a whirlpool that started forming in the water.

"What's going on?" Musa asked, scared.

"Well, it's a whirlpool." Brandon answered. "We've got to get out of here, now."

Stella fell backwards but, luckily Prince Sky was behind her and caught her right on time. Stella sent him a sweet smile which made Ruby fake vomit.

They jumped from turf to turf so they could reach the other side of the river but, Riven didn't jump far enough and fell into the water, the whirlpool starting to pull him.

Ruby was the first to react and grabbed both of his hands, trying to pull him out of the water but, the whirlpool was too strong and he started to slip from her hands.

"Don't let go of me." He said harshly.

"I'm trying, dumbass. How about you shut up." Ruby said.

She grabbed Riven's wrists tighter, applying extra strength in her legs to pull him up but, it wasn't enough since she lost balance and was pulled forward with Riven, almost landing in the water if it wasn't for Timmy who grabbed her ankles and started pulling her.

"Gotcha, someone help me. I can't hang on much longer" The nerd Specialist said and Brandon and Bloom stepped forward, grabbing Timmy's arms and helping him pull Ruby and Riven back to the shore.

They all fell to the ground and, for a small while, they tried to catch their breaths.

"Come on guys. We've got a Troll to catch. We lost too much time already." Riven said standing up and so did everyone else

"Well, you're welcome, dickhead." Ruby mumbled but, loud enough for Riven to hear and turn around with an angry look.

"Why should I thank you?" He asked angrily making Ruby look at him in disbelief.

"Gee, I don't know maybe because I just save your clumsy ass from getting drowned." Ruby yelled at him.

"I didn't ask for your help. I could've gotten away on my own."

"Fine, why don't we test that theory?"

Ruby put her foot behind Riven's and pushed him backwards. He almost fell into the river but, Brandon was able to grab his arm before he fell and pull him back.

"RUBY. Why'd you do that?" Bloom asked angrily.

"He asked for it."

"You bitch, I'm going to kill you." Riven said trying to attack Ruby but, Brandon and Sky held him back.

"You are out of line, Ruby." Bloom scolded.

"Shut up, Bloom." Ruby said going away.

Bloom sighed but, followed her sister anyway.

"That little brat. When I get my hands on her." Riven mumbled to himself.

"You listen carefully." Bloom said turning around and pointing a finger at him with fire in her eyes which shocked everyone. "You didn't deserve to be thrown into that river but, Ruby's right. She saved your life, even though she obviously hates you, and you should be grateful for that and instead of getting into an argument with her. Now stay away from my sister because I'm done with this little child's play that you two have going." Bloom got back on track and didn't say another word to him.