Chapter 24- Missing Pages

A drop of water fell into the book's page and more followed. Ruby looked up and saw the red and yellow sky being filled by clouds and covering the moon's light. 

Ruby saved her sketchbook in her bag to protect it from the water but, it wasn't enough. She waved her hand above her head and a magic red shield surrounded her, stopping the rain from hitting her any longer, though she was already soaking wet.

She looked to her left side where she, even though she was pretty far away, could see one of the giant pink castle's tower and sighed. 

She didn't feel like going back just yet.

Ruby closed her eyes and leaned her head against the tree behind her, sighing once again. Suddenly, she heard a BOOM from afar but, she didn't flinch nor did she open her eyes when a few more followed. There was some kind of peace in that scene. The sound of rain falling in the ground, with a soft booming of thunder once in a while. Kind of weird to find peace in that if you ask me but, fortunately, Ruby did. She needs it.

She opened her eyes just in time to see a white lightning fall right in front of her shield. The redhead closed her eyes tightly and moved her head to the side to protect her eyes from the blinding light but, it was a beautiful vision. A lightning landing right in front of her, it was a sight worth seeing. 

Not many people can see the beauty of a lightning but, Ruby found herself seeing and admiring the image in her head.

Her phone ringed and she looked at it, her sister's name popping out in the screen.

"What's up?" Ruby asked once she accepted the call.

"Where are you? It's pouring outside." The worried voice of her sister said from the other line.

"Don't worry Bloom, I'm on my way."

"Thank you."

Ruby hang up and sighed, standing up. She started walking and the shield fell welcoming the rain to soak her. 

Thank God my bag's impermeable.

She walked towards the school and entered the grounds, receiving a scolding from Griselda but, she just ignored it and kept going.

When Ruby entered the apartment and then her room, she was once again welcomed with her sister and her friends gathered in it.

"Oh my God, Ruby." Bloom said standing up, face filled with worry upon seeing her sister's soaked figure. "You're soaking wet, what happened?"

"Well, I kind of decided to have a stroll in the rain, though I didn't know it would rain. Karma's a bitch." Ruby said while Flora wrapped her in a towel she had gotten for her. The redhead smiled softly at the plant fairy and sat down in Bloom's bed with her sister hugging her and rubbing her arm up and down to give her some more heat. "So what's happening?"

"I told them what Miss Faragonda told us." Bloom answered.

"I don't exactly care about those things." Stella said. "I just want to get my ring back."

"Yeah, and I think we should be the ones to attack." Tecna said.

"Tecna, we're not soldiers." Flora argued. "How can we overpower Icy, Darcy and Stormy?"

"By taking them by surprise." Bloom answered. "This time we will go to their house."

"Yes, right into the lion's den." Stella celebrated but, soon understood that it wasn't exactly the safest thing to do. "But, uh, are you guys really sure that's the right thing to do?"

"Ah, relax. We'll come up with a full approved plan, you'll see." Tecna said trying to increase the blonde's confidence.

"Remember the tunnels under the school that we discovered a while back?" Bloom asked and everyone, except for Ruby nodded.