Chapter 48- Giving up

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
'Tis the season to be jolly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Don we now our gay apparel
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol
Fa la la la la, la la la la"

Ruby, Amanda and Emily sang, or better said, screamed, the song Deck the Halls while Ruby drove the car throught the icy road and when it ended they burst out laughing, Ruby losing control of the wheel for just a second before steading the car again.

"Be careful, angel." Emily said with a voice sweet like honey from the passenger seat. "The road is very slippery today. We want to get to the airport in one piece, don't we?"

"All secure now, Miss" Ruby giggled going slower.

Emily smiled and kissed Ruby's cheek sweetly.

"What about me?" Amanda complained with a fake pout. Emily giggled and kissed her cheek as well, bringing a smile to the raven haired girl. "Are we there yet?"

"Not yet, Donkey." Ruby joked. "But we're almost at the airport."

"And what about Hawaii?" She asked. "Are we almost there too?"

"Yeah, it's only 3000 miles away from us." Emily answered.

"Yay." Amanda squealed making the other two laugh.

The smaller girl started rambling about everything the three would do at the island going from spa day to just chilling on the beach drinking cocunut milk from a cocunut decorated with a little umbrella.

"I've always wanted one of those umbrellas." Amanda informed them cheerfully. "They're so colourful and tiny, they don't even protect anything from the sun..."

Ruby giggled lovingly at her girlfriend's unecessary excitement about the little drink decoration. 

Amanda was always like that, excited, cheerful, childish. However, Emily, her other girlfriend, was very put together. She was rich, yes but, she was also very kind and organized. She basically behaved like a mother with both of them, always fixing up their messes and scolding them after it and at the end of the day she was just the best cuddler.

The redhead couldn't ask for better lovers. They were everything to her. Her whole world along with her family.

Emily placed her hand on top of Ruby's, that was holding the gear stick, and carressed it with her thumb. The goth redhead took her eyes off the road to look at her and smiled lovingly. Tehy shared an intense eye contact before Emily placed a very quick kiss on her girlfriend's lips.

Sitting back down, the green eyes of the caramel haired girl shifted to the road and filled with panic.

"RUBY." 

The redhead looked forward just in time to see the car's headlights before she was thrown forward, the seatbelt piercing her skin painfully, and then the airbag slammed into her face as the car rolled down the cliff after sliding off the road, finally stopping in a straight spot and landing upside down in the grass.

Ruby opened her eyes, her body was aching all over big shards of glass were piercing her skin and other smaller ones scratched her face. The blood was all going to her brain giving her a massive headache. Before she could even move, the engine exploded and the car got set on fire. 

Yet Ruby felt nothing. Beyond the fire, a sort of red energy surrounded her, protecting her, keeping her safe. But, only her. She looked around and what she saw was horrifying. Her two girlfriends were there too, upside down, but their clothes were on fire and there was nothing underneath the deadly array of yellow, orange and red but charred bodies.