Chapter 7- The witches of cloud tower

"This is one of my favourite restaurants in Magix." Flora whispered to Ruby when their food arrived. "The food is simple but, amazing."

Ruby smiled softly at the sweet girl.

"Guess we'll find out." She answered making Flora smile brighter.

Bloom was trying to call their parents but, she was struggling to make her phone work in that place.

"I don't understand why my cell's not working." She complained. "See? I press down the number and nothing happens."

"Let me have a look. I'm very good with electronic stuff" Tecna said and looked at her phone, then she started laughing, opening the phone, to see it's inside.

"What's so funny?" Ruby asked.

"This is prehistoric technology." Tecna explained. "Where did you get that thing?"

"But, it's the most recent model."

Stella leaned closer to Bloom and whispered something to Bloom that Ruby wasn't able to hear since she was on the other side of the table next to Flora but, she could guess that it was about how advanced things in Magix are compared to earth.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have laughed. That was rude." Tecna apologized. "Maybe you can try those street phones over there." She pointed towards one next to a fountain in the middle of the square.

"Thank you, Tecna." Bloom said standing up from her seat. "Come on, Ruby."

Ruby smiled at Flora, who smiled back, and followed her sister to the street phone. She pressed the number and put the phone in a position where both of them could hear and talk to their parents. They waited a few seconds before someone picked up.

"Hello." The voice of their mother said in the opposite line.

"Hi mom." Both girls said at the same time.

"Bloom, Ruby? How are you doing?"

"Everything's great, the school is wonderful and we're sharing an apartment with Stella and three other girls." Bloom answered.

"Ruby?" Vanessa asked, wanting to know if her daughter was fitting in.

"Everything is great, mom. It's not as bad as I thought it would be." Ruby said genuinely.

"Good. Don't you girls have classes?"

"No, of course we start tomorrow morning." Bloom answered. "But don't worry we'll keep you posted."

While Bloom talked to their mother, Ruby noticed the yellow ogre, Nut, passing by them without noticing them. Ruby elbowed her sister in the ribs softly and pointed towards him.

"Uh, mom, you've got to go now." Ruby said, trying to excuse themselves. "Our friends are calling us so give a big hug and kiss to dad for us please. Bye."

"Goodbye, mom."

"Goodbye, my beautiful girls."

Bloom placed the phone back in its place and grabbed her sister's hand and both ran after the ogre.

"Maybe we shouldn't follow him." Ruby suggested.

"What why?" Bloom asked, not stopping their track.

"We can't to get into any trouble, Bloom."

"But, Ruby, he's clearly planning something." Bloom said when she saw him spy on their friends.

"First of all, he doesn't even have half a brain, he could never have planned anything." She said, knowing very well that, he was working for the three female voices in her head. "And second of all, it might be dangerous."