Chapter 31- Parted Ways

The group of friends walked around the festival for a while and Ruby ended up finding out that Riven, Brandon and Sky were going to race too. Ruby figured that would be the time the Trix would act but, she kept her mouth shut. She didn't exactly want to feel glad about hurting RIven but, she didn't want to stop it either. It's about time someone knocked some sense into him.

"I'll be cheering for you, Brandon." Bloom suddenly said, snapping Ruby out of her thoughts.

"Hey, Riven. Who's cheering for you?" Sky teased. "Stella's cheering for me, Bloom's cheering for Brandon and we all know Ruby won't cheer on you, not even if her life depended on it."

"Damn right." Ruby agreed.

"You don't have anyone." Prince Sky concluded.

"I can have any girl I want." Riven bragged, making Ruby scoff. "Wanna bet?"

"What kind of bet?" Prince Sky asked.

"My kind of bet." Riven said. "If I win the race, I get to pick one of your fairy friends to be my escort at the ball, this evening."

"One of you." Ruby whispered to Bloom and Stella.

"Yuck." Stella said making Bloom laugh.

"This is stupid." Brandon said with a soft smile.

"Oh, is it? Well in this case I'll choose...uh... Bloom is that a deal?" Riven said.

Ruby's eyes immediately shifted to the color red uncontrolably but, no one saw it.

"What?" Bloom asked, cringing a bit. "Maybe you should ask me first." She said approaching the specialist. 

"Yeah but,..."

"No buts." Bloom interrupted. "Who do you think you are? Just so you know, I choose who I go out with and I wouldn't go out with you not even if you were the last guy on Earth." Riven groaned angrily. "You're just a ridiculous, arrogant, pathetic Winbag."

"Hell yeah, Bloom." Ruby said with a smile.

"Go ahead, win the race but, I'm warning you. Don't you come near me." The oldest fairy said crossing her arms and looking away from him.

"Oh, do you really mean what you just said?" Riven asked, grabbing Bloom's chin and turning her face back at him with a smirk. "I think deep down you like me."

Both Ruby and Brandon growl under their breaths but, Bloom was capable of dealing with it herself.

"Hey hands off." The redhead said pushing him away. She wiggled her fingers towards a flower vase on the street and it flew above Riven's head. "Don't go cheeky on me Riven. You should show people a little more respect."

The vase tilted forward and the water poured on top of his head soaking him from head to toe, making them all, excpet for Ruby, laugh. The goth fairy didn't think it was enough for him. She intervened in Bloom's floating spell and canceled it which made the vase fall on Riven's head and break, multiplying his anger. It didn't help that Stella, Brandon and Sky continued laughing.

"Oh, I didn't mean to drop it, Riven I'm sorry." Bloom said feeling guilty since she didn't know it wasn't her fault.

"Go away." Riven shouted.

"Calm down, Riven." Brandon said, getting closer to them.

"Get lost, Brandon." Riven said pushing the blonde away. "Get lost all of you." 

And with that last shout, he went away.

"Hey, he had it coming." Stella said.

"If it makes you feel any better, Bloom, you weren't the one that dropped the vase."  Ruby said.