Chapter 65- Smooth Skin

Ruby walked sadly towards the school's well and sat on the bench next to it, noticing Mirta and Lucy talking with each other and she didn't want to intervene. She sighed and leaned back, looking up at the orange sky. As she was staring at nothing in particular, the smiley face of the Specialist she had met during the battle popped up in her field of vision. He was now wearing a grey beanie on his head.

"Can I help you?" Ruby asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes I think you can. You see, I think something's wrong with my eyes. I can't take them off you." The Specialist said with a cheeky smile, winking at her. Ruby smiled sheepishly before brusting out laughing. "What? Was it that bad?" He sat next to her smiling.

"It was terrible." Ruby said laughing.

"Ok, I admit it wasn't my best." He said. "How about this one. If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?" Ruby started laughing again. "Come on this one was better."

"No it wasn't." She said. "But, even though you were cute, I don't swing that way."

"Man, it's always the hot ones, isn't it." He complained, crossing his arms with a fake annoyed look on his face.

"That's not true. My sister's straight."

"Your sister?" He asked looking past her towards the redhead hugging Prince Sky. "Mmh, fair enough but, she likes Sky, doesn't she?"

"She basically started planning a family with him the second she saw him."

"He is a good looking dude." He said making Ruby laugh. "I'm Liam."

"Ruby."

"Sorry for trying to attack your pets."

Suddenly Python jumped into Ruby's shoulder and Garry hopped into Liam's lap and they both growled at him.

"We are not her pets." Greg said, approaching them.

"Calm down boys." Ruby said. "He's sorry."

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Liam said, frightened.

Garry side-eyed him, suspisciously, but got off his lap anyways. Out of nowhere, a rock hit Greg in the back of his head and the ghouls looked around to try and see where it came from, finding Kiko with a rock in his little paw as Pepe mocked them. The ghouls growled and started chasing them ferociously.

"Jesus, why did you befriend those things?" Liam asked, finally relaxing.

"They're nice when you meet them."

"What, you can talk to them?"

"Damn straight, Jughead."

"That's not my name." Liam said, confused.

"Yeah but, that beanie makes you look like him, so..." Ruby shrugged, kicking a rock on the ground.

"So, why are you here on your own?" Liam asked, leaning back on the bench. "Shouldn't you be celebrating with your friends?"

"I'm not a girl of parties, you know?"

"Yeah, me neither. A boy in my case but, we don't have much of a choice." He said, pointing to a few students setting tables with food in the grass. "It's going to be a big party."

"And my sister will force me to go." Ruby said with a small smile.

"And my cousin will force me to go as well."

"Who's your cousin?"

"Brandon."

"Oh, the annoying one, sounds about right."