Chapter 51- Good for me

(A/N: I'm not sure how a psychiatric hospital works so I wrote my own version of one.)

"What exactly do we do in this place?" Ruby asked Robin as they walked side by side to some activity the two were supposed to go.

"Well, as you already know you have to take your medicine every morning after breakfast." Robin answered swallowing their own meds a nurse just gave them. 

"Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to take them. Not after what I did." Ruby answered looking down at the pill in her hand.

"It's fine, it's just one a day and the nurses give it to you. You have nothing to worry about. However try to memorize which one's your pill. Karen likes to mess with the patients."

"How come she hasn't been fired yet?"

"She acts different around her boss and he wouldn't believe us if we told him the truth about her. We all possess lack of mental health, it wouldn't be believable."

Ruby put the pill on her mouth and swallowed it with the help of water from her bottle.

"Except you. You're actually the only one here that is mentally healthy." 

"Not for the director.And also I think he has a crush on her. Yuck." Robin replied cringing. "Anyways, in the morning we do activities that are relaxing such as yoga, painting, gardening amongst other sutff."

"Count me out for gardening."

"They won't let you not participate, Ru. Everyone has to."

"Ok, it'll be their problem if their yard looks like shit." 

Robin giggled.

"It already does with me there." The two laughed together. "Today we'll play some board games, then it's nap time..."

"Wait, nap time? Where are we? In a kindergarten?"

"Oh no, we're doing meditation but, I always fall asleep during it, so I call it nap time." Ruby giggled at their silliness. "At last we'll have art class which is a bummer. I can barely draw a stick figure properly."

"I actually love painting and drawing."

"I know, your girlfriends gifted you a sketchbook."

"I told you it's complicated, Robin. We're not dating."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." They said, clearly not believing Ruby. "After lunch we have group therapy where we share our feelings in a safe place. I think we're together in that one and..."

Ruby frowned and pursed her lips together dreading said group therapy. How was she supposed to do that with so many strangers if she couldn't even do it with Dr. Wilson sometimes. The redhead found herself missing the doctor more than she should. She found it odd that the woman didn't answer her calls even before she went into that institution. Ruby tried to ask her mother about Dr. Wilson but, she said that the woman was still sick even after six months.

Wasn't it just a flu? She can't posibly still be sick.

"EARTH TO RUBY." Robin yelled causing the girl to flinch and release a little squeal. "Are you ok, girl?"

"Yeah, sorry just, zoned out. What were you saying?"

"Well I was saying that after the group session you have sepperated therapy."

"You don't?"

"No, sepperated therapy is for people like you. That don't feel that comfortable speaking with others about feelings so it's obvious that they wouldn't share much at the group session because of all those people. Sepperated Therapy is so you feel a little bit more secure. But, you'll still have to go to the group session though." They explained making Ruby sigh.