Chapter 9- Prodigy

Ruby woke up feeling disappointed by the dreamless sleep.

She hadn't seen the three girls that night, which was weird, since she saw them every night for nine months without failing but, now that she met them, they didn't come to her anymore.

She didn't understand why she was so disappointed and had no time to think of it since someone threw herself next to her in the bed, startling her. She looked behind her and saw her sister smiling brightly.

"It's the first day, Bea." She said excitedly but, Ruby rolled her eyes and groaned, throwing the blanket over her head.

"Nooooo, I wanna sleep."

"Come on, Ruby, get up." She heard Flora say from her side of the room. "Aren't you excited?"

"I'm excited for when I go back to sleep and never wake up again."

Ruby didn't need to look at her sister to know that she was glaring at her for being so lazy.

"If you don't get up, I'll throw your favourite boots away."

Ruby opened her eyes at her sister's comment and uncovered her head looking at Bloom with sleepy eyes.

"Blackmailing me, uh? God, why did I have to teach you that?" Ruby growled and sat up on the bed, glaring at her sister's proud smile.

"Good morning." The older redhead mocked so Ruby sent her the middle finger making Bloom giggle.

Suddenly she felt a weight in her lap and saw Kiko there, with Ruby's clothes on his tiny paws. Ruby smiled and kissed the small bunny in its head.

"Thanks, Kiko."

The bunny jumped off Ruby's lap for her to stand up and go to the bathroom to have a shower, get changed into her usual clothes and making her usual makeup, tying her hair in its usual hairstyle, putting on her usual boots and putting her usual backpack on her back. Just the usual.

She got out of the bathroom and room and was welcomed by five smiley girls in it.

Bloom grabbed her hand and dragged her to their first class. When they entered, Ruby was welcomed by a very small man, with pointy ears and a big wizard green hat, who she assumed to be the Professor.

"Well, this is going to be interesting." She muttered to herself sighing and sitting next to Bloom on her left while, Stella sat to Bloom's right. She leaned her head in her closed fist, tired.

"Good morning, everyone." The Professor said when every student was sat down. He jumped on top of the table. "As usual it befalls me to kick off the school year. Now for those of you who haven't met me yet. I am professor Wizgiz. Your teacher of metamorphosis."

And suddenly we are butterflies. Well, the myth of fairies was indeed inspired in butterflies, so.

"Or as I prefer to call it." The Professor sat at the edge of the desk and crossed his legs. "The art of changing..." He grabbed a corner of his mouth and pulled it, then he hid his face with his hat, for a little drama and, when he showed his face again, he looked and sounded like Griselda. Even his clothes and height had changed. "...the way you look"

Everyone gasped and Ruby raised her eyebrow, actually impressed. Everyone, except for the goth redhead, started cheering. The girl found it impressing but, she didn't see a reason to cheer.

"Oh, and that's nothing." Professor Wizgiz said with Griselda's voice. "By the end of the year you'll do better than that." Wizgiz fixed his glasses, well Griselda's glasses, and then went back to his normal self. "And since every ending must have a beginning." He said, jumping from desk to desk, until he stopped at a blonde girl's desk. He snapped his fingers and a mirror appeared in front of everyone. Stella immediately started checking herself out. "Let us start with a simple exercise. Concentrate, look in the mirror, look at yourself and think about changing the color of your hair.