Ch 1: Rèmi?

Rosalia's POV
August 28th, 3:20 p.m.
Sovereign Center, Kingston

Jardani and I are in a store, waiting for the lady to assist me. We have been here for a long time now but the store is packed. I reached into my pocket and took out my phone to pass the time. When it's back to school time, the stores are always packed but I didn't want to wait until the last minute to get things done.

We already bought everything else and the bags are in the car. Jardani sat down on one of the seats in the store and I leaned against the was, resting my weight on one leg. I'm so hungry. I haven't eaten since breakfast this morning and the Starbucks drink I had already sweat out of my body.

Someone touched my shoulder and I turned around, expecting to see the clerk but a guy was standing there. He had money in his hand, holding it out to me. I stared at him a bit confused.

"Yuh drop this," He said, his deep voice caught me by surprise.

Him voice deep, eh?

And he's handsome.

"Huh?" I asked.

Huh? Yuh hard of hearing?

I felt my back pocket and it was flat. Empty. God, a really dash mi dash weh di money?

"A your money, it drop out just a while ago," He told me.

It's the voice for me. And him tall too.

I like his lips.

"Thanks," I said, taking it from him. My face started to feel warm.

"That good man." He walked away and I looked at the money, unfolding the notes. $18,000.

Jezaam!

"Yuh see how yuh nearly dash weh di money? Supposed the man a did thief?" Jardani asked me.

"It drop out when me did take out me phone," I told him.

"Weh yuh wah fi eat when we done?" He asked, ignoring what I said.

"Barbecue zinger and 3 piece chicken. You paying?" I asked. He nodded and looked down at his phone.

Looking around the store, my eyes spotted the same guy who gave me my money back. He was trying on a pair of white Air Force and I found myself watching his every move. Why does it seem like this wasn't the first time I've seen him? He looks oddly familiar.

A girl walked over to him, showing him a pair of sneakers she took off the display. She showed it to the clerk that was assisting them and then the woman nodded her head. The guy took off the shoes, seeming to nod in approval before handing it back to the clerk who walked off shortly. The girl wrapped her arms around his waist, looking up at him.

Wish that was you, huh?

Kakafart.

They go so well together, and the height difference is kinda cute. I won't lie, the girl was really beautiful and her short hair complemented her face. 

As he leaned down and placed a chaste kiss on the girl's lips, I looked away. I wasn't expecting that at all. My eyes drifted back to them and the girl just latch on tight. He had his arm around her shoulder while typing away on his phone. The moment he looked up, our eyes met and I looked away.

Yuh nuh know fi hide and stare, dry yiy gyal?!

Shortly after, the clerk finally came back with a different pair of shoes than the ones I wanted. She explained that there weren't any more left in my size. I wanted to go and eat now so I took the pair she brought and went to the cashier. To my luck, the dude was there with his girlfriend.