Ch 44: Heartaches and Laughter

Rosalia’s POV
ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
Friday, March 1st

3:10 a.m.

Sitting on the toilet with my head on my knees, I emptied my bladder and wiped myself before pulling up my shorts. I tiredly walked back into my room and lay down beneath the covers. Picking up my phone from the nightstand, I checked the time before making sure my alarm was set before turning over to fall back asleep.

My TV was playing rainfall sounds that usually make me sleepy so I expected to fall asleep right away. A yawn escaped my lips and I pulled my teddy bear closer to me, cuddling into it. With my eyes closed, sleep slowly enveloped me until I heard a door slam.

"Bomboclaat man!" I heard my father's muffled voice.

The sound of distant arguing made me pause the video I was playing. I sat up and pushed the comforter aside before putting on my robe. Opening my bedroom door, I decided to go to my brother's room since I didn't see my father in the hallway. Jardani is also awake and coming out of his room.

We followed the sound of our father's voice to the kitchen where he was arguing with Mommy. We stood by the wall so they couldn't see us but we could see them perfectly.

"Fool yuh take me fah, Candace?" Daddy asked.

"Jordan, I'm not sleeping with him. How many times do I have to say it?" Mommy pleaded and my eyes widened in surprise.

Sleeping with who?

"Yuh know how much time mi make it slide? Every bomboclaat time him call yuh, a you that get up and a tell me how yuh soon come back. Mi see it and shut up me mouth, but now man a call yuh inna 3 o'clock a morning bout 'Baby, I need you?'. Candace, last time mi ago ask yuh dis. Yah fuck him?" He asked again.

"I'm not, and it doesn't mean anything," She told him. He started to laugh and then he folded his arms across his chest.

"Why the man feel comfortable enough fi send yuh certain message? Any hours of the night your phone is going off and it's him. If you missed the call, you go calling hin right back. That nuh sound like something fishy a gwaan desso?" He cocked his head to the side.

"He's my patient so he's going to be comfortable with me, Babe," Mommy tried.

Daddy jealous over a patient?

"A me yuh take fi idiot? Why him a call yuh baby and yuh allow it? From me and yuh start talk, me never yet take up yuh phone and search it. Rosanna, yuh face ID deh pan mine fi unlock it eno suh yuh can go in there anytime yuh want. In a moment like this, mi wish me did a entertain somebody weh a call me baby. Mi read the message them between you and yuh patient, zeen?" He started, making hand motions.

If it were any other time, I'd skin my teeth but this is serious.

"The man text yuh and a talk 'bout how sexy yuh look inna skirt and all kinda corny fuckery. Then there's you like a big frighten-Friday 'bout thank you and a gwaan like mi nah do mi job. Woman, every day weh God spare we life me nuh tell yuh seh yuh look beautiful? Shit that I used to find weird and out of character for me, I always a do for you because I realized you love them. Mi do it fi please you cause a you a my woman and quite frankly, mi nuh want a next man a do ny job but it seems my foot get kick and me deh yah like a fool. Feel if mi never want yuh mi would'a take yuh up? Yuh short a compliment?!" He snapped at her and she stepped back.

He's getting irritated and I guess I understood why. The guy is flirting with her and that's crossing the line, yet she made no serious attempts to stop him. One, maybe she likes the attention she's getting from other men, or two, she's just too nice. Yes, she has her strict moments as a parent but she needs to stop being so nice to people.