Ch 18: Favorite Girl

Rosalia's POV
Friday Evening, 3:15 p.m.
October 6th

○●○
Jamaica College

I held onto Octavia's hand as we walked to the football field. This evening she convinced me that I should go to the match between St. George's College and Jamaica College. I don't usually come to matches because I have no reason to, but Santino goes to St. Georges and he's going to play today. The only reason I came was in hopes of seeing Kassauni.

"Where is Romero?" I asked as we stood by the fence.

"I don't know. Him probably soon find we," She told me. I took my phone from my pocket and called Kassauni, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Yes Ma'am?" He answered.

"I'm down by the field at your school. Did you leave yet?" I asked him.

"Rosalia how yah ask me if me still deh a school and mi tell yuh seh mi nah go?" He asked me.

"Wah? After me already go home go bathe and come here?" I asked, frowning. Octavia looked at me a bit confused.

"Why yuh up there inna the first place?" He asked. I huffed and leaned against the fence.

"Octavia's boyfriend is playing your school today and I thought I'd surprise you. Why didn't you tell me you weren't at school today?" I asked him.

"Because mi never did a expect yuh fi come up there when we have plans tonight," He said. I sighed and looked down at my jeans.

"Well, can you pick me up later on when the match is over?" I asked, looking at Octavia as she watched a group of St. George's College guys walk onto the field.

"Yes, just call me when yuh soon leave and me will pick yuh up," He told me.

"Okay, where are you though?" I asked him.

"Just not too long reach home. Nathalia did wah some things a the store so me did go with har. Mi ago help har set up and hopefully, by the time yuh ready, me finish," He said. I cleared my throat as Octavia started shouting some guy's name.

"Alright then," I murmured and then he hung up. 

"Wahm, why yuh face look so sad?" Octavia asked me.

"Kassauni is not at school," I told her. She sighed and nodded.

"Well, come and find a seat. We can leave as soon as the match is over, or I can follow you to take a taxi," She offered. I bit the inside of my cheek and sighed.

"Let us go sit down. He's going to pick me up after the game, so that's a good thing. Have you seen your boyfriend?" I asked her. She looked around and then smiled widely before pointing at a guy who was looking in our direction.

"There," She said and he smiled, walking in our direction.

"Think yuh seh is a cheerleading uniform mi did ago see yuh inna," The guy said and she leaned over the fence, placing a kiss on his lips.

One that lasted for about 10 seconds, and he reached over the fence to wrap his arm around her waist. They pulled away shortly after and he smiled, looking at her with so much love. I know how cliché this may sound, but they look so great together. He kissed her cheek and smiled.