Ch 49: Chocolate Chip, She Says

Rosalia's POV
Wednesday, March 27th

Smokey Vale, St. Andrew

8:10 a.m.

Standing in front of my phone, I set it up on the table next to Kassauni's window so that I could do a TikTok dance. The lighting is so pretty and we were taking pictures earlier. I asked him to do Tik Tok videos with me but he told me I'm pushing it.

Gwaan like him 'fraid a camera.

"Anyhow me see yuh whine up yuhself desso me ago fling sum'n lick yuh inna yuh farrid," He threatened and I looked back at him.

"Well, get flinging then," I said, mockingly. He reached for the lighter on the nightstand.

"Don't lick me eno," I warned him.

"Me never did ago lick yuh. Yah come with me go pick up Liam?" He asked

"Yes, I don't mind," I told him. He hummed and I pressed the timer on the phone screen before stepping away.

"That nah post, yer?" Kassauni told me.

"That you think," I said as soon as I finished dancing.

"Yuh wah bet me report yuh account?" He threatened and I looked at him.

"You wouldn't dare," I called his bluff and he raised an eyebrow.

"Yuh sure 'bout that?" He asked, picking up his phone.

"Kassauni don't ramp wid me," I said to him and he chuckled.

"Post it if yuh bad," He said, relaxing his shoulders.

"It's giving controlling, and I don't like that for me." I picked up my phone and walked over to his bed, lying down on my stomach.

"How many CAPE exams are you doing in the next few months?" I asked, looking at him.

"About 5. I did most of them last year," He replied and I raised my eyebrows.

"Only 5? Yah live life, cause I have at least 8 to do and I feel like I'm losing my damn mind." I shook my head and he smiled.

"Let me guess, yuh have Maths and English to do, right?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"Mi do dem deh last years. I have business exams, financial services, pure Maths and another one weh me nuh too interested inna. Soon remember and tell yuh," He answered. I hummed and shook my head.

"Never wish I was you until now. I did Math and English CXC in grade 9 because those were easy. I did Sociology last year in Cape and got a 1," I said, proudly.

"Yah sparks, man." He smiled and I laughed as he put his foot on my back. 

I didn't mind at all because it was comfortable and I liked it when he was touching me.

"What if I told you that I've considered going to university overseas?" I asked him.

"Nothing is wrong with that," He said, leaning on his elbow as he watched me.

"So, you'd agree to a long distance relationship?" I questioned and he shook his head 'no'.

"Before you, that's where I was going," He told me.

"Oh, but you'd have to at least send out your letters and receive them by now. Have you received any?" I set my phone aside, lifting my legs and crossing my ankles. He nodded his head and picked up the pre-rolled blunt from the nightstand.

"Well, are you still going?" I pressed and he shrugged, looking at me as he put the tail of the blunt between his lips.

"Maybe, maybe not. Not sure yet," He answered, sparking the lighter and watching the head of the blunt light up.