Ch 11: Trust

Rosalia's POV
September 28th, 1: 15 p.m.
A few days later

Ardenne High School

It's been 5 days.

Yes, I have been counting. I couldn't help it.

I tried my best to ignore the urge to unblock Kassauni because he made a fool out of me. I'm really happy I never told anyone about him because I'd be more embarrassed than I am now. That's how it should be. Leave them a secret until they deserve publicity.

Then he had the audacity to tell me how much he liked me and kissed me, while he had two girlfriends. I can't wrap my head around the thought, because why lie in the first place? He could have told me the truth because I wouldn't really care. What was I going to do, stop being his friend because he's for more than one person?

My brother played girls back to back and I never judged him. Of course, I didn't like it but it had nothing to do with me. Kassauni could have been honest with me but he made the decision to lie. No one held him at gunpoint. Going to the extent of kissing me and then didn't stop your girlfriend from calling me a bitch? Yeah, that upsets me.

But a nuh dat, she should a touch mi. Spray mi would a spray har like bug, cause mi nah use my hand dem lick har. Stink like shit.

"Yuh alright?" Octavia asked, pulling up a chair to sit next to me.

"Yeah, mi wah sleep. Mi cya wait fi go home," I told her.

"Yuh still a come a Half Way Tree with me? Mi wah buy one jeans pants," She added.

"Yes, mi ago buy one new phone case," I muttered, taking my phone from my pocket just in time for her to laugh.

"Yuh desperately in need of one," She said, I rolled my eyes.

"Leave it alone, I love it and it's been a while since I've seen one like it," I said, powering up my screen.

"What kinda pants yuh think mi must buy? This is the top I'm wearing." She turned her phone to me, showing me the blouse.

"Black jeans can wear with it or a black pleated skirt. Wah kinda shoes yah go wear wid it?" I asked her.

"Heels me ago wear, black. Mi kinda excited, but nervous," She said, smiling.

"Date?" I asked, not wanting to sound nosy.

"No, family dinner. I'm going to see my long distance non-boyfriend after 6 months, so I want to look nice," She said, blushing.

"Explain yuh situation-ship, mama," I said, laughing. She joined me, moving her hair from her face.

"Well, we like each other for a long time now and little before he went overseas we talked about us. He claims that he sees me as more than just a crush. We've been texting and calling since he left, but he's coming back. Lately he's been hinting that he might bring up ask me to be girlfriend. I'm excited and scared," She said to me.

"Scared, why?" I asked. She sighed.

"When mi nervous, mi seh foolishness. Suppose him as mi and mi seh no first?" She asked, laughing. I snorted a laugh and shook my head.

"If he knows you, he'll understand. Have you guys ever been intimate?" I asked.

"We kissed a few times," She said, crossing her ankles. I hummed and nodded.

Just then, Jardani walked into the classroom with Trina behind him, smiling widely. It is no secret they have some form of sexual relation going on.  Romero, Octavia, and I knew about it. I shook my head and looked away because whenever he gets tired of her, he is going to remind her that he is only interested in sex. She better not come to me to talk to him, either. That is not my problem and I won't care enough to intervene.