Ch 38: Nice Try Though

Rèmi's POV
January 10th, 6:05 a.m.

The Next Morning

When I finished working out, I walked out of the gym and headed upstairs to my bedroom. Talia was up and getting ready for school. She decided to eat some of the food Rosalia made last night because she loved it and Rosalia made too much food for just four people. I don't mind though, because it won't go bad.

I'll have to eat it today.

As I walked into the bedroom, I stopped in my tracks when I saw Rosalia fast asleep underneath the covers next to Liam. I could have sworn I woke her up from 5:30 a.m. as she requested. Wiping the sweat from my chest before tossing the towel over my shoulder, I walked over to the bed.

"Rosalia," I said, shaking her. She groaned and turned on her side.

"Baby, a time fi wake up eno. Yaah guh late," I told her.

Again, I was ignored.

Pulling the comforter off her, I saw a pink case iPhone on the bed. I picked it up and lit up the screen to see a picture of Tinae or whatever her name is. Sliding up the screen, the phone opened and took me straight to WhatsApp. Ian's chat to be exact. I pressed the voicenote on the screen and put the phone up to my ear.

"First of all, I don't know weh yuh mean what you're going to get out of it. Me tell yuh seh once Kemar do whatever him supposed to do, him ago get she and we con har man. Leave tha part deh to me. B, we can do this," Tinae's voice said in the voicenote.

After reading through the messages that led up to them going to Kemar's house, I stopped. I put the phone on the bedside table and shook Rosalia again. She opened her eyes before frowning and reaching for the comforter.

"Yuh nah go school?" I asked her. She shook her head no and pulled the comforter over her shoulder.

"Why? Yuh parents even know?" I asked again.

"I went to bed after 5 this morning before you woke me up because I couldn't sleep last night. I'm tired," She muttered, sleepily.

"Alright. Me ago call yuh father and tell him so him know," I assured her. She hummed.

I took a shower and then got dressed in a white T-shirt and a pair of teal sweatpants. Staring at Rosalia and Liam fast asleep, I put on my watch before picking up my phone and wallet.

Liam's body stiffened on the bed before he turned on his back and started to sit up. I chuckled to myself as I expected him to be up. He went to bed so early yesterday because all we did was play after dinner. His head turned to look at me and I smiled at him.

"Pa, come seep. Me Tired," He muttered before sitting up and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. (Come sleep).

"Nah, you come. We're going on the road and then come back," I said to him. He stretched and stood up, holding his arms out to me. I picked him up and walked into the bathroom.

"I wan' come. Me bush'a teeth?" He asked, laying his head on my shoulder.
(I want to come. Me/I'm gonna brush my teeth)

"Hmm mmm," I hummed in agreement as I picked up his toothbrush and his toothpaste.

"No say hmm mm, say yes. Mommy say yes," He corrected. I chuckled and kissed his forehead.

"Okay, yes I'm going to brush your teeth," I told him. He started clapping his hands together.

"Goo' boy!" He grinned and I shook my head, amused.

Jah, father duty nah look too bad at all eno.