Ch 9: When Life Gives You Lemon

Rosalia's POV
Two Weeks Later
~ September 23rd, 7:10 a.m.

Norbrook, Kingston.

"Did you take something for the pain?" I asked Kassauni while we were on a video call.

"Nuh have nut'n here and Ms. Cora nuh wake yet," He said, pulling the covers over his shoulder.

"What about your parents?" I asked, looking at my phone.

"Yuh cya buy two pill carry come? Stop ask mi 'bout people, a you mi wah bring dem," He stated.

"Kassauni, a likkle headache yuh have. Drink some tea and sleep it off. Don't perplex mi cause me already tell yuh mi have somewhere fi guh." I hissed my teeth.

Kassauni woke up with a headache and coughing and chose to call me, waking me out of my Saturday morning sleep. I don't know how he's complaining to me when there are so many people at his house. Malika asked me and Geneva to follow her to the pharmacy for a plan B. She said she really needed it.

The last time I checked, she's still single so I wanna know who she slept with though I won't press her like she'd do me. It's not that I can't buy the pills for Kassauni and take it to him, I'm just scared. The boy had been on my mind since we met and it has gotten worse the more we talk to each other.

I can't find it in myself to stop talking to him. Now he has invaded my dreams. Though it wasn't a sex dream, I still woke up a little hot and bothered. All we were doing in my dream, was making out. Heavily.

Ass grabbing, shirt pulling, neck kissing, everything. I had those dreams two nights in a row and I don't know what to think about them. The first time I was woken up by my alarm, and the second time Kassauni called me.

I'd ask him if he was lurking in my head but I knew better than to stroke his ego.

What also was a bit frustrating, was that the dreams always cut off at the same part. When we're about to get into the heavy foreplay. I wanted it to continue further.

See you now. Ah sah.

"Anything yuh seh, Rosalia. Lata," He said, hanging up. I hissed my teeth.

Mi hate him style, essi.

Every time him get up in a him feelings, him hang up in a mi ears and I don't like it. I hissed my teeth again and went to my WhatsApp to text my girlfriends to see what the plan was for the day. Plugging my phone back in, I set my alarm to 9:15 a.m. and went back to sleep.

When 9:30 rolled by, I climbed out of my bed to look for something to wear. I decided to wear a black dress and all-black Birkenstock sandals. The bottoms are hard but they're comfortable. I looked for my black crossbody bag and filled it with my usual necessities, making sure to tuck away some extra money.

After I take a shower, I put my hair up in a bun and leave it as is. The edges I had in from yesterday were still there so I freshened them up a bit and put a black headband over my head. I walked out of my room, heading to Jardani's and he was dressed.

"Which part yaah guh?" I asked him.

"A guh link somebody. Waah mi drop yuh off?" He asked me.

"Yes. Wah time yaah come back?" I asked, again. He shrugged his shoulders.

After he dropped me off in Half Way Tree, we went to the pharmacy first. Geneva was busy texting on her phone and I went to walk around to look at the medications they have for pain and coughing. If Rèmi really has flu, I shouldn't even be considering going over to his house.

I already made up my mind, really. When we went to the seafood restaurant two weeks ago, he brought me to meet his best friends. Renae and Nico. Renae and I have been texting every other day so I asked her if she's okay sending me his address. I wanted to surprise him.