Ch 39: Royal Valentine

Rèmi's POV

ONE MONTH LATER
Wednesday, February 14th
10:05 a.m.

Smokey Vale, St. Andrew

As I walked into the house, I dropped my house keys on the table by the door before closing it. I headed towards the living room where Ms. Cora was seated on the couch eating. Leaning over the back of the couch, I rested my chin on her shoulder and pecked her cheek since she had been in a mood all morning. I think it's her time of the month. She hissed her teeth and moved away.

"Rèmi, day just light. Stop bother me," She fussed.

"Stop gwaan suh," I said, continuing to annoy her.

"Likkle bwoy, mind yuh make me dash weh the likkle tea eno. Wah wrong wid yuh, man?" She hissed her teeth and shrugged me off.

"Know mi a big man so mi nuh know a who yaah call bwoy. Anyways, mi get the pill them," I said handing her the brown paper bag.

"Thanks, gwaan now and nuh bother me. From yuh wake yuh nuh stop get pan me nerves," She complained. I walked around and sat next to her on the couch.

"Have a surprise for you. Hurry up and eat," I told her, squirting some hand sanitizer in my hand before rubbing my hands together.

"Yuh nuh have Valentine's Day plans with the pretty girl?" She asked me. I smiled and sighed.

"Yes, we're leaving for a few days. Yuh man have Valentine's Day plans fi you?" I asked her and she laughed, setting her plate aside.

"Which man? Yuh give me man, likkle bwoy?" She asked and I grinned, shrugging my shoulders.

"You don't have a man?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She blushed which made me laugh as she turned away.

From last week, every day she come here in too much of a good mood. Her husband probably come back from country. She claims he's there with his woman but she knows damn well she's lying. As soon as the man comes back, she's all smiles and skin teeth. The signs are clear, considering she is always humming R&B music while she walks around the house.

"What are your plans for the day?" She asked, changing the subject.

"I'm driving to Montego Bay today and we're gonna stay until Saturday," I told her. She hummed as she sipped the Ginger tea.

"And Nathalia?" She asked.

"She's going out later with her boyfriend and she won't be here for the day. Mi just drop her off to take her pictures," I said.

"Alright, mi a guh lay down." She stood up after finishing the tea and I followed her.

"Come out yasso likkle bit deh," I said, motioning to the foyer. She walked to the kitchen and set her plate down before coming with me.

"Who fah barrel them here?" She asked, resting her hands on her waist.

"Yours," I told her. She smiled and gave me a loom of confusion.

"Weh yuh mean, mine?" She walked closer to me.

"Remember over a week ago when a did yuh birthday, mi tell yuh seh the gifts weh me give yuh did short. Did have a little inconvenience but everything is sorted out now," I assured her.

"Weh me supposed to put inna them? Garbage?" She looked at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Mi nah guh answer that cause mi nuh feel a that yuh waah ask me." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.