Ch 35: New Beginnings and A Secret

Rosalia's POV
Sunday, December 31st

Pizza Please, Victoria Pier
10:15 p.m.

Sitting before Kassauni, I bite into my pizza while using my ring finger to scroll my phone. I leaned over and took a sip from my drink as I watched the video on my phone. Kassauni picked up one of the clean napkins and wiped his hands. He uncorked the Tropical Rhythm and turned it to his head.

Imagine just drinking and looking so effortlessly handsome. God had favorites!

"Weh yuh wah do after this?" Kassauni asked me.

"I'm tired of walking. Mi foot bottom a hurt me," I complained.

"You seh yuh want we wear Puma shoes eno, miss. Yuh want we go back which part the car deh?" He asked.

"No, I wanna see the fireworks. And ypu know what else?" I asked, grinning at him.

"No foolishness, please." He stared blankly and I scoffed.

"Definitely not foolishness. I was going to say," I dragged out, biting my pizza.

"Baby, please tell me weh yah seh cause me feel a sum'n reckless." His expression made me laugh and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I was gonna say I want to kiss you at midnight. There's this thing where they say the person you kissed on New Year's Day, will be the one you spend the year with. That's what I wanted to say," I told him. He stared at me and chuckled.

"Mi a hear yuh, but I disagree. I started the year with someone else and here I am with you. The facts is that whoever I'd willing to work with you through the year, that's who you'll end up with. One kiss cya define a year of hardship and  challenges," He said and I frowned.

"I was trying to create my own fairytale. Yuh just bruk vibes." I bent the pizza and stuffed the last of it into my mouth.

"Okay, I apologize." He looked up behind and sighed.

"See yuh brother and yuh friends deh," He said looking behind me. I turned to the entrance and my brother was there with, Eva, Malika, Chevaune, Amir and that Kayla girl.

"Don't call them over," I said to Kassauni as I faced him.

"They already saw us," He told me and I sighed.

I don't like that Kayla girl, she's disgusting.

Ever since I saw her for the first time, I haven't liked her. For one, she's always staring at Kassauni and smiling at him. The second thing she did that I hated was intervene in a conversation that I was having with my friend and then proceed to ask what my problem was.

Being with a guy that every girl wants is a blessing and a curse, but thankfully Kassauni isn't embarrassing. I don't believe that the night on the yacht she was only trying to make conversation with him. She had on lingerie beneath her silk robe and she rolled her eyes at me when she saw me.

It's obvious what her intentions are, and I don't like to sound too conceited but I could have her little doll house dismantled. I'd probably say it to Amir already but he's only in it for the sex and at this point, I don't blame him. Her nice demeanor may have fooled everyone but me. And Kassauni of course. I can't stand the bitch.

"Heads up, Mama," Kassauni said, quietly just before a familiar cologne filled my nostrils.

"Nuh see mi text yuh?" Amir asked, sitting down at the table and I smiled at him.

"I responded just now," I told him and he smiled.

"Hey," Kayla said, looking at Kassauni the moment she sat down. I immediately stopped smiling and Kassauni didn't even look in her direction.