Ch 52: Weak Knees and Jealousy

Rosalia's POV
Friday, July 5th

𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗠𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀 𝗟𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿

°Little Tokyo Restaurant.

I scrolled through the options for an apartment and each time I saw the prices, I got more stressed out. The price to rent an apartment for a month is ridiculous but I can't even complain. My parents will be funding it so the prices wouldn't be a problem yet it is for me. I saw a one-bedroom apartment for $2,445 and I feel like I'm going to pass out.

That's the cheapest one I've seen so far.

As I continued to scroll, my phone rang and Dalton's name popped up on the screen. I slipped my iPad into my back before answering the call and pressing the phone to my ear.

"You're running late young man," I said as soon as I answered.

"Yeah, mi know man but mi deh pan mi way. It a guh just be me and you though, yuh good with that?" He asked me.

"Why the sudden change of plans?" I crossed my ankles and sighed.

"Something come up man," He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I am not trying to be accusatory, but why do you suddenly want to meet up alone? What's her reason for canceling if you don't mind me asking?" I inquired, yawning into my palm.

"She had to drop off some delivery for her aunty in New Kingston and she said she didn't know we were meeting up do early which is why she accepted. So maybe some other time, but me still a fawud," He answered and I scratched my head.

"Okay, well I'm already waiting in little Tokyo. How far away are you?" I pulled up the top of my blouse and fixed the straps of my bra.

"Walking distance. Mi soon reach," He told me.

"Okay," I said before hanging up.

Dalton suggested that I finally meet his girlfriend since I always joked about her being fake since whenever he's on the phone with her, they talk in hush tones. I respected their privacy and I didn't need to know everything.

For the last 3 months, I was in and out of stress. I've cried, lost weight, and gained weight, all because I was worried about failing my Cape exams. Thankfully, Kassauni told me that I should form a study group with my friends and he helped me with the subject he was better at and had already completed. He is so supportive and patient with me.

I was over the moon when I was through with all my exams and even got some awards at graduation as well. These past three months I've accomplished a lot of things and even got my driver's license. Daddy was going to get me my car but I told him I'll need it when I return to Jamaica permanently.

Kassauni was happy on his graduation day. Both his parents were present to see him walk across the podium and he collected numerous academic awards. He graduated with the second-highest GPA in the entire school. He shrugged it off as if it was nothing but his parents were more than proud of him as was I.

Ms. Cora even came to his graduation as well and congratulated him. It really meant a lot to him that she did and seeing him surrounded by his family that day made me see him in a different light. His grumpiness disappeared completely and he was all smiles though his father left the next day.

He said he was glad that his father took the time out of his busy schedule to attend his graduation and he didn't have to ask him. All he did was send him the day of his graduation and his father showed up 2 days earlier. Kassauni was indeed disappointed when his father had to leave but Antonio assured him that he'll be home in July.