Ch 5: A Crush

Rosalia's POV
The Next Morning
September 7th, 5:36 a.m.

Norbrook, Kingston

Groaning, blindly felt for my phone which was ringing loudly. I scratched my head and picked it up, squinting my eyes at the brightly lit—screen. My thumb tapped the answer key before putting it to my ear.

"Morning," I said, closing my eyes.

"Yuh still a sleep and a soon 10 o clock?" Kassauni's voice said on the other end of the phone.

"Wah?!" I pulled the phone away from my ear to look at the time and sighed in relief. 5:37 a.m.

I could hear him laughing on the other end. Sighing, I sat up on the bed and put the phone back to my ear.

"Yuh lie essi, bwoy." I got off the bed and walked into my bathroom, turning on the light.

"When yuh did plan fi wake up? Yuh nuh see five-thirty gone?" He asked me.

"My brother would have woken me up, but thanks," I told him.

"Ah, lata mi link yuh," He said, hanging up.

Why is he like that? No manners.

My morning went as it usually would. It took a little over an hour to get ready before Steve came to pick up me and my brother. When we got to school, the day ran off smoothly.

○●○

Ardenne High School
3:15 p.m.

Romero made me meet a few of his friends. Trina and Octavia I liked along with another guy, Tajay. Everybody else is kinda too weird for me to be around so it's occasional hi and bye. Vanessa, another one of his friends likes him but he doesn't see her that way.

She was being a little hostile towards me and Tavia told me to ignore her because she's more upset that she cannot get with Romero. Personally, I shouldn't have to ignore anybody's behavior just because. She's grown enough to know that she can't force someone to like her romantically or at all.

Furthermore, Romero doesn't see me that way and I want him either. As a friend, I like his vibe and he makes me laugh. I had made it clear that I was not interested in him romantically and he laughed at me because he was about to tell me the same thing.

He reminds me of Chevaune and Amir. They're my other two male friends friends that I've been friends with since 7th grade. We've been close ever since and I don't ever want that to change.

"Mi hungry," I said to Jardani as we waited for Steve to pick us up.

"Take piece," He said, holding his arm up to me.

"Stop nuh." I pushed his arm away.

"Yaah tell mi seh yuh hungry like mi have food. Nuh muss me yuh waah eat." He hissed his teeth as stared down at his phone.

"Whatever," I said, retrieving my phone from my pocket. I unlocked it and went to WhatsApp to see messages in my friends' group chat.  

When Steve finally arrived, I was sparking a conversation with Kassauni. He replied right away as I expected he would. Well, not exactly but we have been on talking terms lately so it was the best bet. A few quiet laughs and giggles escaped my mouth as we texted back and forth.