Ch 50: A Taste Of Heartbreak and Confetti

Author’s Note: Before we start, I am saying this as nice as possible... Please comment.. Why uno stay suh?

Anyway, welcome to the chapter... A sprinkle of confetti in this chapter...

・☻・☻・

Omniscient's POV
Annika's Apartment

Thursday, March 28th
4:30 p.m.

"Have I already said thank you?" Annika asked Dante as she twisted her key in her apartment door.

"Wish yuh would'a stop say it. Mi nuh have a problem fi help yuh out and thing," Dante assured her while holding her three shopping bags.

Annika pushed the apartment door open before turning on the light. She walked in and his eyes went straight to her ass in the pink short sleeveless jumpsuit she had on. He walked in behind her and she set the bags down before closing the door. Annika directed him towards the kitchen where they brought the bags and set them down on the island.

"Mi tired," She said, sitting on the stool.

"A the two smallest bag yuh bring and yah complain." He chuckled and she laughed before emptying the bags.

"Mi still tired. Not because them light to you, that nuh mean them nuh heavy fi me. You're a man," She pointed out.

"Anything yuh seh. Mi can bring the bag wid me pinky finger, suh mi know a lie yah tell." He shook his head and she smiled, sheepishly.

"Okay, if you say so. Why did you offer to come with me today?" She looked up at him.

"Just did wah see yuh," He said to her. She smiled and walked around the counter to the fridge.

"So, it's not to talk about the other thing?" She blushed as it was indeed on her mind too.

"The baby?" He asked and she nodded her head.

"Did you get a check-up or anything?" She tucked her hair behind her ear as she took out the food items from the bag to put inside the fridge.

"Mhmm, last week." He turned his head to watch her every move.

"Have you thought about the procedure?" He asked her. She shrugged.

"I don't know if the Doctor told you but he did mention that it would be great if it happened through intercourse. I guess I wouldn't really mind." Her cheeks flushed as she put the milk in the fridge along with the bottles of coconut water.

"Yuh would'n mind if me bend yuh over the settee fi real?" He raised an eyebrow and she snapped her head in his direction.

Her cheeks flushed and she quickly looked away. Dante smirked as he helped her stock the fridge, occasionally pressing against her but she didn't realize what he was doing until his head was next to hers while she put the sealed bottles of water inside the fridge. His minty breath fans her skin and his light hold on her hip made her stomach flip.

She cleared her throat and he stepped away from her, feigning oblivion. Her eyes watched as his tongue dragged over his pink lips and then traveled up to his dark brown eyes. His long bottom lashes brushed against his cheekbone while the upper ones curled to his eyelids. He smiled showing his deep dimples and white straight teeth.

The white shirt he wore made him look even better and his light skin was so clear. No spots or pimples. Annika couldn't help but wonder what it looked like beneath his shirt, despite him being slim but fit at the same time. His black jeans weren't sagging but remained a few inches below the waistband of his boxers. She bit her lip and looked away.