Ch 28: Blackmail For Kiss From You

Rèmi's POV
Later that day
November 17th, 2:45 p.m.

"Yuh get the key?" I asked my father as soon as I walked into my house

"No sah. Him seh yuh affi pay for it because a only you and friends a go pan it," He said to me.

Pay fi mi rass. Mmcht.

"And yuh know seh me nawh pay fi nuth'n? Him make me know seh me ago get it fi the weekend and now him a change him mouth." I hissed my teeth and took off my shoes.

"Weh yuh need if fah, anyways?" He asked me.

"Me tell yuh which part me a guh already," I said before heading upstairs to my bedroom.

Twenty minutes time, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. I dried myself and put on deodorant before quickly getting dressed in a pair of dark gray-drawstring cargo joggers, a black T-shirt, and white Air Force 1s. Feeling pleased with my attire, I grabbed a white Polo cap and put it on before picking up my luggage.

When I walked to Nathalia's room, she was still looking through bikinis to carry. Her pink duffle bag was damn near full and she's now packing her mini backpack. The good thing about it was that she was dressed.

"Talia, me ready," I stated before walking away from her door and heading downstairs.

I opened the front door and walked outside towards the white, tinted windows Coaster bus that I rented from Kareem. Opening the door to the driver's side, I placed the bags on the seat before going back inside. Nathalia was just now coming down the stairs with her two bags and now she was wearing a pink two-piece skirt suit. I shook my head and sighed.

"Yuh can feed the dog dem fimme?" I asked my father as I walked into the kitchen.

"Now?" He asked, looking up from his laptop.

"No, while I'm gone. Me ago text yuh wah fi give dem and the proportion. Do not give dem nuh chew up bone or scraps," I told him. He chuckled.

"They're just dogs, Rèmi. Does it matter?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I stared at him and blinked, slowly.

"Nuh badda wid it. If yuh nawh guh do it, me text Nico and tell him fi do it. Mi cya badda," I muttered.

"Me nawh do that man. Every likkle thing yuh vex fah," He commented and chuckled as he looked back down at his laptop screen.

"Me ago call yuh when we reach," I said as Mommy walked into the kitchen.