Ch 2: Two Is Never A Crowd?

Rèmi's POV
September 1st, 5 p.m.

Smokey Vale, St. Andrew

"Mommy, I'll be home soon. Everything okay?" Simone asked, scooting to the edge of my bed. I exhaled and got off, walking into my bathroom, and closing the door behind me.

Staring at myself in the mirror, I ran my fingers through my hair. I put my hand in my shorts pocket, feeling the vaping pen, and took it out. Something I've been trying to stop doing for two weeks straight but today, I did it again. Sometimes if it's not one thing, it's the other and I don't know which is affecting me more.

Smoking on a whole has been something I started at a very tender age to help me forget about what I have been going through for years now. All because of the issues I have. Some I've owned up to, others I avoided because it felt better that way. For example, being an only child yet still managed to get left behind in a country on my own while both my parents are in another country.

I put the vaping pen between my lips and took a long drag, exhaling softly as smoke left my nostrils. The bathroom door opened and Simone walked in wearing her short green dress that I picked her up in, earlier. She eyed me and smiled, biting her bottom lip.

"Yah guh weh?" I asked her.

"Yes, Mommy said she's not feeling well so I'm gonna go home. I'm sorry I couldn't spend the night," She said, sadly. I smiled and leaned down, kissing her lips.

"That good man. Me ago check Renae later," I told her. She rolled her eyes at the mention of my friend's name.

"If you don't see her for a few days, you don't feel good?" She asked me.

"Don't start unnecessary shit. Besides, me nah see yuh back till next weekend. A suh yuh wah leave this?" I asked, picking her up and setting her down on the counter. I watched as her cheeks flushed.

Pretty yuh fuck.

"No," She said, dragging the 'o'. I tilted her chin up and pecked her lips.

"Me and Renae nuh see each other dem way deh. The sooner yuh believe that, the better," I assured her. She hummed and sighed.

"If I find out otherwise, it won't be pretty. And yes, that's a threat," She stated. I chuckled and bit down on her bottom lip, hard. She hissed and I sucked on her lip before releasing it.

"Yah try seh? Me nuh good enough fi share?" I asked, smirking. She laughed and went to grab my dick as she'd usually do but I moved away.

"Kassauni, find somebody else fi play wid. Me will stab yuh up, don't fuck yuh self," She said, glaring at me.

"Hmm, but me nah tell yuh nuh lie. Renae a just me close friend and she have har man. We don't see each other beyond that," I told her, truthfully. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my shoulders.

"Good, now kiss me," She demanded. I stared at her and she giggled. "Please."

With that, I kissed her lips softly. She pulled away after a while and wrapped her arms around me tightly, listening to my heartbeat. She claims it's calming to her and sets her mind at ease. It's a pity.

Tell di B seh she a share yuh, humbre.

"Want me drop yuh home or yuh wah call taxi?" I asked. She pulled away from me and sighed.

"I wanted you to take me home, but I can take a taxi if you're not up for the drive," She said, softly.

"Gwaan get yuh things dem," I told her. She jumped down from the counter and I slapped her ass on her way out.