Ch 26: Prolonging Lies

Aaliyah's POV
Manning's Hill, Constant Spring

...later that evening, 6 p.m.

"Mommy might ask why I took so long with the two things she sent us to buy," I said as Demetri parked at my gate.

"Me tell har seh yuh follow me guh buy food at Treez," He said to me. I took off the seatbelt and put on back my slippers.

"You're so lie," I said, giggling softly.

We were just in the Plaza talking mostly, maybe a little kissing here and there. I was trying not to feel guilty about what we were doing and for the time being, he took my mind off it. The gate to my yard opened and I saw Kian going inside.

"Me a guh cut yah now, suh tell Ms. Josie seh me will link har Friday when me a come pick yuh up," Demetri said to me.

"Okay, I'll see you on Friday," I said, opening the car door. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

"Me a guh call yuh later." He sat back in his seat and I smiled before leaving the car, closing the door behind me.

When I went inside, the grill was opened and I saw Daddy's work boots by the door. I grinned and took off my slippers, walked by Kian who was seated on the veranda before heading into the house. Daddy was seated on the couch with his phone in his hand.

"A which part yuh guh?" He asked and I stooped next to the singles couch, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I went to buy something for Mommy and myself. Are you okay?" I asked him. He hummed and smiled.

"You want a piece of the melon?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Me alright, man. Yuh mada did call me and tell me fi buy one pine fi yuh suh it inna the fridge with two papaya," He told me.

Two of my favorite fruits.

"Thank you, and I just got the whole pineapple as well because I thought it would be best. Did you feel any better today?" I questioned and he looked at me before chuckling.

"Aaliyah, everyday yuh ask me the same thing. Me good man," He said to me.

Well, I won't know you're good if you don't tell me.

One thing wid you, yuh care bout the man sugar more than anybody else, Mi dear.

"This morning you said you weren't feeling well and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Did you check your blood sugar?" I asked, worriedly. He sighed and shook his head.

"No, not today. Come do it fimme before yuh mada finish share the dinner," He told me. I nodded and stood up, heading to the kitchen where Mommy was.

"Coming like yuh guh live, suh?" She commented and I smiled, taking out the Kool-Aids from the bag in my hand.

"Mommy, Kian is on the veranda. Is he waiting for you?" I asked.

"Hmm, but tell him fi gwaan and when we finish eat dinner me call him back. Me cannot argue with anybody on empty stomach." She hissed her teeth as she set down Daddy's plate on the counter.