Ch 40: Love & Other Drugs

Rosalia's POV

10:35 p.m.

The low R&B music playing in the bedroom was creating a little vibe that was making this cleanup process so much easier. Maybe everything is just better with a little music. Grabbing a piece of the paper towel, I damped it and wiped my foot. I watched as the hairs came off smoothly. I repeated the process until all the hairs were off my legs.

All when you done, yuh look like hairless puss.

When I was finished, I wiped out my armpits as well, seeing them smooth. I flushed the damp paper towels one by one before stepping into the shower. The warm water hits my skin as I put on my exfoliating gloves before squirting some of my body wash on them.

After being in the shower for 30 minutes, I stepped out and grabbed a towel to dry my body with before I started moisturizing my skin with my lotion. I picked up my phone to check the time and it was 20 minutes to 11 o'clock.

I unfolded the royal blue silk night dress on the counter and started to put on the bra and panties. Looking at myself in the mirror, I contemplated whether or not I should put on the silk dress. I decided against it and took up the white fluffy robe and put it on before tying the belt around it.

My ears perked up when I heard the door open. I put the silk dress away in my bag and zipped it shut before setting it down neatly on the counter. I looked at my appearance once more and Kassauni walked into the bathroom with a brown paper bag.

"Why yuh have on that?" He asked, reaching into the bag.

"I just finished showering. Did you get what you went for?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Jay never have any so mi just drive go gas station go buy it. A the cheap one dem have," He said, putting the bag down on the counter before taking out the toothbrush.

Leaning against the counter, I watched him as he brushed his teeth after thoroughly washing the toothbrush. My eyes trailed down to his jeans to see his belt undone and I sighed. How am I supposed to bring up this conversation? Do I say it out loud or what? 

We both walked into the bedroom after he finished brushing his teeth and washing his face. He set down the paper bag on the dresser and walked over to the sliding doors that led to the pool and the ocean, closing it. He pulled the curtains down and stretched before a loud yawn escaped his lips.

"So, we're both fed. What now?" I asked, tightening the front of the bathrobe.

Mi nervous, bad.

"Weh yuh waah do? Watch a movie?" He asked me as he took off his watch and the rest of his jewelry.

Mi waah make a movie, Bubba.

Di last part nuh necessary cause mi naah call him dat.

Suh yuh save him as tho...

I walked over to him and smiled before puckering my lips. He leaned down and kissed me. As he went to pull away, I cupped his face and smiled, shyly at him. Groaning, he hoisted me up in his arms and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Yuh love gwaan like yah baby?" He asked.

"Am I not your baby?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. He hummed.