Ch 4: Hypocrisy

Rèmi's POV
- September 6th, 5:40 p.m.

University Of The West Indies

My expression remained cold as I waited for Yanique to walk out of the university. Her class ended over 15 minutes ago, and I haven't seen her walk out. I'd text her and tell her I'm here, but I wanted to surprise her.

Bullshit, bombohole.

Watch yah watch the gyal cratches.

Suck yuh self.

I admit, there was a little doubt in the back of my mind when she answered the phone breathing heavily. It's kinda fucked up that I was so quick to assume the worst when I am the one fucking around and building a whole other relationship with someone else.

Gaslighting at its finest.

At first, I wanted to see if she was doing anything out of the ordinary, but the thought quickly disappeared when she told me her phone was on the charger while she was in the kitchen. I let the thought leave my mind because I didn't want to start thinking negatively towards her

Another 10 minutes went by, and then I finally saw her walking out with another guy. They were both grinning and then he moved closer to her, putting his arm around her shoulder. She didn't take off his hand and was laughing at whatever the clown was whispering in her ears. His body language told me everything I needed to know and I am sure whatever he is telling her isn't even fucking funny. I clenched my jaw in anger and she finally looked away from him.

Chubble.

Next man a whisper in a yuh woman ears? Karma a take it bomboclaat course, yes.

Lock bomboclaat chat.

I watched them closely until her eyes finally spotted my car. She looked at me and then suddenly shifted uncomfortably before taking the dude's hand off her shoulder. He was engrossed in his phone when he reached where I was, hugging her.

"Tomorrow B," He said. She smiled stiffly as he walked off towards a white Mark X.

The man seh 'Tomorrow

"Weh yuh did bother take off him hand fah? Now yuh feel uncomfortable?" I asked her

"Don't blow the thing out of proportion, Kassauni. Please, he's just a friend," She said, looking up at me.

"Dat yuh used to tell yuh parents bout me, now what are we, hmm?" I asked. She sighed and looked away.

"It's not like that with Kevon. I don't see him like that," She said, firmly. I shook my head and opened the passenger door for her.

She immediately walked towards me and got in the car. When I got inside the driver's side, I drove off right away. We made it to her place and I got out of the car, immediately. Seemingly upset, she got out before I could open the door for her and started to make her way into the building. I hissed my teeth and followed her.

"Stop play wid mi, Yanique. Where is all this attitude coming from?" I asked, growing irritated. She pressed her lips together until we reached her apartment.

"It has been one week since I've seen you and you believe the best way to change that is by embarrassing me in front of my friend?" She asked, putting her back down on the couch.

"Think before yuh talk, because yuh kinda naive when it comes to certain things. Don't piss me off," I warned her, untying my shoelaces before setting my sneakers by the door.

Mi nuh plan fi stay the night cause mi have school a morning.

"I'm naive because I have a friend?" She asked, scoffing.