Ch 21: Birth Control

Rosalia's POV
Sunday, October 22nd
Two Weeks Later

📍 Norbrook, Kingston

I hung up the last skirt on the hanger after Mommy handed it to me. Earlier Jardani asked her to iron his uniform since she was ironing her work clothes. She offered to do mine as well and I gladly brought them to her. Especially since she loves to iron so they will come out neatly.

Mi never know people would'a love iron. Nut'n mi hate so.

After I put all my suits on the clothes hanger, I brought them up to my bedroom and hung them in my closet before going back down to eat my dinner. Mommy asked me to help her share so I'll do just that and then think of a hairstyle for school tomorrow. Or maybe I'll ask Octavia to come over and twist it for me.

Yuh cya ketch up yuh hair inna one and gah school? Yah big pitney now.

Mommy and Daddy still call mi dem baby. Big pitney where? Mi nah claim dat!

"What are you doing Wednesday since you'll be home all day?" Mommy asked me as we took the crockery dinner plates from the cupboard.

"I'm going out with Kassauni," I told her, avoiding her gaze.

"On a school night?" She asked.

"I'll be back before 9 p.m. that day," I assured her.

"So you guys are serious now?" She asked, looking at me. I licked my lips, not meeting her gaze.

"No, not yet. But he did say he's going to ask me the question soon," I told her.

I had hoped soon was last weekend when we went to that party for Heroes Weekend, but I promised to trust and wait on his timing. Despite how impatient I am.

And I'm ignoring DMs and other requests from guys I don't even give a second glance.

Him a take him time and it make me anxious. Bad tuh!

"Whenever you guys start, do you want the pills or the Depo-Provera?" She asked me. I blinked and turned to look at her.

"Start what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"When you start having sex, baby. It will happen eventually and I want you to be safe," She said. I bit the inside of my cheek and picked up the drinking glasses.

"Can we please stop talking about it?" I asked. I lifted my tongue to the roof of my mouth, ignoring how hot my face felt right now.

Why Mami stay suh, God? She couldn't juss leave dis alone?

She scoffed and threw her hands up.

"Sweetheart, can we move past the whole I'm not having sex part and go to I want to be safe? It's normal and I understand," She said.

"It's making me uncomfortable," I told her. She nodded and sighed.

"I'll stop talking about it for now," She promised.

"Stop talk bout wah?" Daddy asked, walking into the kitchen. I picked up the dinner glasses and brought them to the dining room.

"How yuh look so pretty? A wahm?" Jardani asked as I made my way into the living room.

"Shut up, and me nah nut'n fi yuh beg," I said, folding my arms across my chest.

"We just did good likkle while. A weh mi do? Yuh nuh wah nuh compliment from me? Yuh favorite bredda? Yuh twin? We inna malice?" He asked, wrapped his arm around me. I pushed him away.

Favorite brother? As if we parents have pitney puh dung and a hide.

But me love him fi true. Bad bad.