Ch 32: Flames And Violation

Rosalia's POV
December 27th
Havendale, Kingston

4:45 p.m.

"Okay, I just got out of the taxi," I said to Octavia as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Arite. Start walk come inna the scheme, me a come meet yuh," She told me. I pulled my blouse down and started walking.

We stayed on the phone and I could hear her running because of the gravel beneath her feet. She was also out of breath and laughing on the other end of the phone. I looked around the neighborhood and admired the houses as I walked.

"Me must make any turn?" I asked Octavia.

"No. After yuh pass the complex- Wait, me see yuh." She let out a heavy breath and I looked up to see her.

The walk to her house wasn't long. She opened the gate and we went inside. She opened the grill and I walked in first, taking off my slippers at the door. We went to her bedroom which was very clean.

"Somebody else deh here?" I asked, putting my bag on the bed bench before unzipping it to take out something to change into.

"Shanae did use the washing machine. She a pack up fi go weh now," She told me. I picked out a pair of jeans shorts and a spaghetti strap top.

Likkle lata when mi bathe, me put on sum'n else.

"Alright. Me ago change," I said to her.

After I changed, I gave her the KFC that I bought for her on my way over. She grabbed her TV remote and started flipping through the movies on Netflix. I didn't want to watch anything scary. Though, I wouldn't mind rewatching Wednesday.

"Choose Peppermint," I said, scooping up some of the mashed potatoes in the famous bowl.

"How dat guh?" She asked, clicking on it.

"It's about a mother getting revenge. I've seen the trailer and Jardani said it's nice and once me like Taken with Liam Neeson, me a guh like this," I said. She played the movie and put the remote down.

"Tavia, me a guh weh now. Me a guh leave $2,000 under di runner in a the living room," A girl's voice said.

"Alright. Yuh turn off the machine?" Octavia asked.

"Yes, but it still plug in'a the protector," She called back.

"Shanae, remember to close the grill when yawh leave!" Octavia called out to her cousin.

"Yes, Tavia. Mi remember," Shanae called back.

"Me know seh as soon a me done eat, me a drop asleep right here suh," Octavia said, laughing.

"Me should'n buy nuh food and mek yuh affi cook," I teased, getting comfortable as the movie started.

"Thanks for coming over. Although a nuff things deh a your yaad fi do," She said and I laughed.

"We can go tomorrow. My parents are committing their grown folks business and they're too affectionate. Don't be surprised if they have another child before they reach 40," I said, shaking my head.

"Me can kiss the chance of a sibling goodbye. Maybe a that's why Daddy love Romero suh, because him is like the son weh Daddy never have. And Romero see Daddy as a father too," She told me.

"Yeah, he said something like that to me," I said, eating my food.

When the movie was almost close to the end, I was yawning back to back. I rubbed my eyes as I was getting sleepy. Looking over at Octavia, she was falling asleep with her head hanging off the pillow. I slowly fixed it before grabbing the remote to pause the movie and then slipped further underneath the covers so that I could get some sleep.