Ch 37: A Wife's Duties

Rosalia's POV
Tuesday, January 9th

10:30 a.m.

Ardenne High school

With my head down on the desk, I turned away from everyone facing the wall. The entire morning I have been keeping quiet and keeping to myself. I saw Octavia earlier but couldn't bring myself to speak to her. The bigger part of me was just afraid to bring it back up after I had been learning to cope.

Also, I don't particularly appreciate seeing her so sad. It aches my heart and every time I look at her I want to tell her to stop worrying. When Romero asked what was wrong with me and why I'd been so quiet, I just told him I wasn't feeling well. That was the first thing that came to mind because I hadn't told him or any of my friends. It's just not something I'm ready to do as yet.

Today being Kassauni's birthday lifted my spirit as I'm more than excited to see him. All our friends have been posting him for his birthday but after I texted him this morning, he told me that he will have the internet off because he doesn't want the birthday notifications which I understand in his case. I hope he is enjoying his day with Liam.

I plan on leaving school at midday today since I have no more classes. My plans were simple since he didn't want anything fancy. I didn't want to step out of place and make him uncomfortable by having a surprise birthday party. He said that spending time with me was enough but I did get him gifts despite what he said.

I am excited about the gifts I got him.

I've spent so much time on one specific gift that I know he'll love. Well, I'm hoping he will love it.

"Nah guh get sum'n eat?" Jardani asked, leaning over me.

"No, I'll buy something when I go to the supermarket later," I muttered.

"Me ago carry sum'n come give yuh fi eat. Yuh cya spend the whole morning hungry," He told me. I nodded my head.

"Where are you going to get food?" I asked, turning to look at him. He smiled.

"Somebody mi make buy it," He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Ah, Daddy ago carry it. Me tell him say yuh want something light. Zinger and famous bowl," He added and I rolled my eyes before laughing.

"That's not light, but thank you. Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Always, a you mi a worry 'bout. Yuh just quiet from morning," He said to me.

"I am good. What did you get Kassauni for his birthday?" I questioned, playing with the JC wristband around my wrist.

"Liquor and perfume. Nah nuth'n else fi give him cause mi nuh know weh him want," He answered and I smiled.

"What kind of cologne did you get him?" I asked. I don't want us to get him the same thing.

"Tom Ford." He turned his phone screen and showed me the cologne.

When Daddy arrived, Jardani went to get the food and I decided to use the bathroom. As I was heading down the stairs, Kemar was coming up. He looked at me and I stopped walking. This is the first time I have seen him since that night and I guess I wasn't thinking because I wished I never had to see him again.

Not because I blame him for it. In all honesty, I don't. I just never wanted to face him and I expected to freeze up when I did, but I didn't. He stopped walking as well and I leaned against the railing.

"Hey," He said, softly.

I can say I have never heard him talk this softly before. Of course, there was the bass in his voice but it was more...comforting. I can already tell he is sorry without the words leaving his lips and I wanted to hear him say it.