Ch 34: Reassurance And Apology

Rèmi's POV
Later that day...

Smokey Vale, St. Andrew

Midday

"Ew! He just licked my face!" Rosalia exclaimed and I looked back at her.

"Sign of approval," I said, smiling as I watched her pet Max.

"They look so cute with the new collars. You were just chatting," She said, laughing. I hummed and stood up with the pieces of boards that I cut into sizes.

Earlier this morning we went to pick up the two new puppies. We ended up naming them Chase and Lily because that's what Rosalia wanted. She couldn't stop talking about how cute they were. It's been a while since I've wanted a pair of Rottweiler puppies. Now it seems as if they're not even mine alone, but Rosalia's as well.

I don't mind though.

"Won't the concrete get cold during the night time?" Rosalia asked.

"It might be, but them can keep each other warm if that's the case," I told her.

I'm currently building kennels for the puppies to sleep in. I started on it yesterday while I was here and ran out of materials. Later on today when my family arrives, I'm taking her to buy a top to wear with a new pair of jeans that she had. She said she didn't feel like going home until after New Year and I didn't argue with it.

She may have explained that everyone there was looking at her as if she was a victim. Her mother even cried and she explained that she felt anxious and suffocating being there because every time her mother saw her, she gave her a look that made her feel small. Her father understood and she requested space so she could deal with it.

Her grandparents were also visiting and she didn't want to see them longer than she needed to. All Rosalia asks of me now is that I reassure her and hug her because it provides a sense of security that she craved in the moment everything was happening. I always reminded her that I was not upset with her and gave her the option to tell me where she wanted to be touched.

I know that these things come with triggers. I may have done a little research so that I can be of more help, considering the fact that I'm not really good at comforting people.

She didn't even sleep for 4 hours last night and she woke up three different times from a nightmare. I had to constantly reassure her that she was with me and this morning around 7, she had a panic attack after the last nightmare. The nights felt longer because she couldn't sleep for at least 2 hours without waking up.

We might have to start doing breathing exercises or find something to occupy her time before bed each night, even if I have to allow her to do her skincare routine on me. When we picked up the dogs today, she's been smiling nonstop. Especially since Max finally warmed up to her.

"Do you use your pool?" Rosalia asked, stooping down next to me.

"During summer holidays, yeah," I told her, hitting the nail into the board.

"We can go swim now. Max gone 'round a front with the puppies," She said, resting her chin on my shoulders.

"When me done. Almost finish," I said and she bit my shoulder.

"Yuh toes dem pretty fi man, eh? Yuh do mani-pedi regularly?" She asked, touching my toes.

"Hmm, and weh yuh mean mi toes dem pretty fi man? Is there a specific way dem supposed to look?" I asked and she laughed.

"Most men have ugly toes," She said.

"Some women too," I added.

"Yours dem just perfect. Dem long though." She laughed and pushed me a bit. I leaned against the ground and used my hand to balance both our weights before looking at her.