Ch 48: The Reaper's Specialty

Omniscient POV
ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ

Thursday, March 21st

Jordan sat down in the seat across from the police officer. His intimidating gaze caused the man across from him to shuffle uncomfortably before he took out two scotch glasses and set them down before pouring the liquor into both glasses.

"Owens, a nuh that me come 'bout eno. Yuh seh yuh have something fi tell me and we affi talk in person. Make we chat 'bout that," Jordan demanded.

Officer Owens pushed the scotch glass towards Jordan and chuckled. He took a sip from his glass before sitting up straight in his chair. Reaching for his keys, he opened his desk drawer and took out the metal thumb drive.

"You have a mole," Owens said, setting the thumb drive down on the desk in front of Jordan.

"Wah that?" Jordan asked, eyeing the thumb drive.

"One of the officers were investigating you without my knowledge. When I asked him, he stated that the source came to him. Luckily, I remembered the face when they dropped it off so he didn't get to listen it." Owens stared at Jordan before taking another sip of his scotch.

"Who?" Jordan asked picking up the drive.

"Colleen Johnson," Owens revealed. Jordan nodded his head and stood up immediately.

"Keep yuh officers in check and we won't have a problem. Mi nuh suppose to a come dung here at all suh nuh call me again. We meet where we discussed," Jordan stated.

"You said you were close by and trust me, it won't happen again." Owens nodded his head and finished the scotch in his glass.

"And take care a the officer before me affi do it," Jordan warned before walking out the door.

Owens knew exactly what he meant by that. He'd probably be forced to kill the officer if things got worse or ended up being on the other side of 'The Reaper's Specialty' which he didn't want. After all, the man had leverage on almost every officer in the station and he saw firsthand how dreadful it can get when you end up on his bad side.

As soon as Jordan got into his car, he dialed his tech guy's number and drove off. The phone answered on the second ring and it was on speaker.

"Gearhead, wipe Owens device dem of anything weh involve mi name and everything. Nuh trace at all," Jordan spoke, coldly.

"Ah, nuh seh a word. A it that?" Gearhead asked him.

"Find Colleen and make sure her phone calls them forward to yuh. Make Mona and Raven pick her up," He ordered before hanging up the phone.

Looking down at his watch, he sighed before driving to his next location. His phone started to ring and he looked down to see a group call from his kids. He answered the call and put the phone on speaker.

"Nuh school uno deh?" Jordan asked.

"I'm leaving waiting on Kassauni and Jardani left about 10 minutes ago. Can we come over again today?" Rosalia asked him.

"No, me have sum'n a deal wid. Maybe tomorrow evening," He told her.

"Oh, okay then. I hid Mommy's keys and she's going to the supermarket after she leaves work today. Thought it would be helpful," She muttered and he chuckled.