Chapter 5

In the end, the fighter with the red boxing gloves won by using a joint technique to subdue the opponent.

Although Ming Si won the bet, she didn't feel very happy; instead, she felt like she had lost something. She glanced at the parrot again with a hint of unwillingness.

Manager Zhao and Lin Xijia also returned to the training ground.

Manager Zhao went straight to stand beside Liang Xian and asked for his instructions, "Boss, the match report for last month's fighters is ready. Do you want to see it now?"

Liang Xian's voice carried a hint of amusement, as if he was laughing at Ming Si, "En."

Ming Si felt even more annoyed.

"Hey, you guys didn't start arguing, did you?" Lin Xijia lightly bumped her with her hand.

Ming Si took a deep breath and calmed down, "No."

She couldn't afford to quarrel with him.

"That's good then," Lin Xijia let out a sigh of relief and whispered, "Have you noticed that Liang Xian seems to have changed?"

Since she was discussing the future boss behind his back, she lowered her voice, "When we were in school, he used to be so carefree, getting into fights and beating people up. He still has that demeanor now, but there's something different about him."

Following Lin Xijia's words, Ming Si recalled Liang Xian from high school.

He never wore the school uniform properly; sometimes he carried it in his hand, and other times he casually draped it over his shoulders. He always looked very relaxed, with a hint of rebelliousness.

She was the student council president back then, and he was a typical example of someone who disregarded school rules.

Had he changed now?

She looked at him.

Coincidentally, Manager Zhao returned and handed a stack of paper documents to Liang Xian.

Liang Xian took the documents and casually flipped through them. His expression didn't seem particularly serious, and his brows still carried that relaxed and carefree air, not much different from his younger days.

However, the fact that he was now investing in an MMA club and managing it quite orderly was somewhat unexpected to her.

"Young Master, your family called just now, asking you to come home for dinner tonight," the assistant reported in a low voice as he approached.

Liang Xian continued to lazily lean against the backrest and didn't show much reaction to the news. He simply responded with a nonchalant En.

The match on the stage had ended, and the audience had left, leaving the training ground quiet and empty.

Inside the birdcage, He Sui paced around boredly, occasionally making meaningless sounds.

"Boss, do you want to practice today?" Manager Zhao asked.

"Not today," Liang Xian raised his hand to check his watch, "You do your own thing."

Manager Zhao acknowledged and understood that Liang Xian didn't like being surrounded by people all the time, so he left to find the coaches.

He Sui lowered its head and used its beak to groom its feathers. Its beak was short, so its head remained low as it vigorously shook its body left and right, looking quite agile.

However, it got dizzy in less than two seconds, swaying as if it had drunk too much alcohol.

Liang Xian's gaze fell on the birdcage, and he felt a bit of regret for some reason.