Extra Chapter 2

In the blink of an eye, the harsh winter had passed. The early signs of spring arrived in Pingcheng in March, bringing gentle and refreshing breezes.

This was the ideal season for outdoor activities, a time to explore the mountains and rivers. Cheng Yu, adopting the attitude of No cage can confine me, had already opened his wings and flown to Switzerland early on. After all, his role as the Factory Director was more of a title than a position of decision-making authority.

Ming Si and Liang Xian, on the other hand, weren't as free, but they still planned to make time for themselves. They intended to go boating and enjoy the blossoms at Lujian Park during the weekend for a small romantic outing.

However, plans rarely withstand change. The previous night, Huasheng Group suddenly announced bankruptcy, and it was taken over for restructuring by the Fu Family Group, which had recently arrived in Pingcheng. The once prosperous group collapsed overnight, becoming the first major upheaval in the business world since the beginning of the year.

In fact, since the marriage alliance between Jinghong and Ming Family Group, Huasheng had been showing signs of decline. Over the past six months, its stock prices had been plummeting. Nonetheless, with decades of foundation, even a starving camel is bigger than a horse; it should have been able to endure for another couple of years. However, it was unexpectedly acquired by the Fu family, and their intentions should not be underestimated.

Furthermore, it was rumored that the current head of the Fu family group was incredibly young, only twenty-seven years old.

Such a force arriving in Pingcheng naturally aroused curiosity and interest from various parties, either openly or secretly. The Fu family's leader didn't hide it either and openly displayed his image in financial media.

The man in the picture indeed looked young, with gentle and noble features. Sitting there, he naturally exuded an air of cold aloofness that came with his inherent aristocratic aura.

This immediately gained him a large number of admirers.

Within Jinghong Group alone, many young women who were disheartened by Liang Xian's marriage excitedly perked up, loudly proclaiming that they were back in the game.

Lin Xijia, the two screenwriting friends, were naturally no exception. They wholeheartedly became the first batch of turncoats.

During their evening chat, Lin Xijia mentioned it to Ming Si in passing and also shared a link to a financial news article.

After reading the post Lin Xijia shared, Ming Si playfully shook her phone at Liang Xian, her brow furrowing in a mix of happiness and irritation, "Liang Xian, your charm in the company has dropped because you're married. You can't compete with this Mr. Fu!"

Liang Xian was currently drying her hair and paused at her words. He gently pinched her cheek after a moment of silence, "If it's dropping, let it drop."

He only needed her; that was enough.

Ming Si's lips curled up slightly, feeling a sweet sensation in her heart.

Before she could speak, Liang Xian chimed in, "But Fu Zhanxing is married."

"Married? When? To whom?" Ming Si was taken aback and sat up abruptly. After asking, she remembered an important question and added, "Do you know him?"

Liang Xian was somewhat irritated by her barrage of questions. He tossed the towel aside, pressed a hand against the back of her chair, and leaned down, "Is it appropriate for you to be so interested in other men?"

"Jealous, are we? I'm just asking." Ming Si's lips curved into a smile as she playfully poked his nose. After sharing a brief moment of eye contact, she suppressed her smile and whispered softly, "I'm just curious. So, what about his wife?"