Chapter 46

"..."

The drawn-out tone of the phrase Doesn't this feel like had Liang Xian curious about what she was going to say next, and out of nowhere, the words sneaking around popped out.

He fell silent for a moment. The slightly frivolous charm in his peach blossom eyes curved slightly, revealing a smile that seemed to be hiding something, "Does this count as sneaking around?"

Those words seemed to roll up from the depths of his throat, tinged with his lazy and deep voice, unexpectedly taking on a slightly seductive tone.

Ming Si instinctively felt that he was going to say something outrageous again. So, just before he could speak, she reached out and covered his mouth, a bit exasperated and embarrassed, "Shut up."

Liang Xian laughed even harder, his warm breath spraying between her fingers.

Ming Si withdrew her hand as if she had been scalded, her face stiff, "I'm going back!"

Liang Xian chuckled softly, hooking a finger around hers and pulling her a bit closer. He leaned down and kissed the corner of her lips, whispering in a low voice, "Just a little more sneaking around."

"..."

On this day, they first endured a plane ride, battled with jet lag, and then played a rather subpar game of pool. Now, as Ming Si sat in the car on their way back, she felt drowsy.

Her physical stamina wasn't the best; even her occasional visits to the gym were aimed at specific workout routines rather than significantly improving her fitness level.

The driver was driving steadily throughout the journey and she unknowingly dozed off. When she woke up, the sky had turned completely dark, with only streetlights winding along the road, illuminating the path ahead.

Rubbing her eyes, Ming Si was still a bit sleepy, "I'm so tired."

Her voice carried a lazy undertone due to her grogginess, and it unintentionally softened, seemingly as if she was being coquettish.

While she was dozing off earlier, she must have leaned against Liang Xian's shoulder without realizing it. Now, as she adjusted her posture and rubbed her neck to sit up, a hand gently pressed her back down.

Liang Xian adjusted his position, pulling her into his embrace and whispered in a low voice, "We're not there yet."

Ming Si responded with a soft Oh, nestling back comfortably without any worries. However, she didn't close her eyes again; she stole glances at him from this angle.

When Liang Xian eventually noticed her gaze and lowered his eyes, she quickly shut her eyes, pretending to be asleep.

Perhaps her acting was too convincing; Liang Xian didn't wake her up when they reached their destination. Instead, he walked around the car and directly lifted her out.

In that fleeting moment of being lifted off the ground, Ming Si's heart seemed to flutter slightly. Regaining her senses, she couldn't help but suppress a smile at the corner of her lips.

She tilted her head slightly into Liang Xian's chest, seemingly as if she were half-asleep and seeking a comfortable position. In reality, she didn't want him to notice the budding feelings of a teenage girl's heart.

With closed eyes, Ming Si had to rely on her sense of direction.

She heard the sound of the front door opening, assuming that Liang Xian would place her on the sofa. However, to her surprise, the path to the sofa seemed quite long, winding through several turns and even an internal elevator ride. She finally realized something was amiss when her back sank into soft bedding.