Chapter 65

New Year's Eve, the 30th day of the Lunar Calendar.

On the second floor of the vacation mansion, the bright sunlight filtered through the white sheer curtains, casting a dazzling glow. The broad leaves of the potted plants swayed gently. As Ming Si squinted her eyes and turned over, Liang Xian extended his arm to pull her into his embrace.

The motion was incredibly natural as if they had done it countless times before.

She buried her head against his shoulder and dozed off for a moment before slowly registering, "Today is the 30th."

In previous years, regardless of whether she was in China or not, the Lunar New Year was typically during winter. Snowflakes would flutter down like goose feathers, creating a warm and illuminated atmosphere indoors.

Thinking about it now, this year's celebration felt unreal.

"Yeah," Liang Xian's arm rested around her waist, his voice languid, "Where would you like to go?"

"Anywhere," Ming Si nuzzled against him, finding a sense of peace. Her heart, which had been floating, gradually settled back into place.

Suddenly, she said, "It would be nice to sleep a bit longer."

Although she said she wanted to sleep a bit longer, Ming Si had no intention of actually sleeping. While lying under the covers, she chatted with him, acted cute, and mischievously pinched his face like a playful cat.

Liang Xian indulged her antics, allowing her to play around. However, whenever her hands got too unruly, he would press her down and roll on top of her.

Ming Si realized that perhaps the change in seasons also had some effect on certain aspects of men. When she was in Pingcheng before, she had often teased him in the morning, but Liang Xian usually just briefly returned the favor before leaving.

That's why she dared to tease him repeatedly.

Unexpectedly, this morning, the situation was completely different. No matter how much she resisted, Liang Xian still persisted, even though they had stayed up late last night. She didn't know where he got such energy from.

After they finished, Liang Xian carried her to take a shower, looking rather nonchalant.

Sunlight filtered through the glass windows, casting a bright light on the pristine floor. She lowered her head and took a glance, sensing a certain daytime indulgence aroma in the air.

She suddenly felt embarrassed and tugged at the only remaining piece of clothing on her body, "You men, are you especially intense in that aspect during the summer?"

She looked somewhat serious when she asked this question.

Liang Xian tilted his head slightly, "What do you mean?"

"Just..."

Talking about this made Ming Si blush a little.

She quickly compared his behavior in the mornings in Pingcheng with his behavior here.

"I usually didn't do it in the morning because we both have to go to work," Liang Xian glanced at her, a mischievous smile playing on his lips, "But I didn't realize you would be so disappointed?"

"Get lost, who's disappointed!" Ming Si retorted, her embarrassment turning into anger. If she wasn't being held by him, she would definitely have kicked him.

Her mind must have short-circuited to ask him such a question.

When they were done showering, it was almost noon. The dining table was set in the western-style dining room of the vacation mansion, adorned with a tablecloth and a unique bouquet of orange Juliet roses.