Chapter 39

"What are you daydreaming about?" Lin Xijia waved her hand in front of Ming Si's eyes, "You two don't communicate at home, so it's difficult to come up with something to say?"

It's not surprising that Lin Xijia had a deep misunderstanding of Ming Si and Liang Xian. These two were famous for being each other's adversaries during their school days.

Back in high school, Liang Xian was a proud and lazy young master. Although he had good grades, he didn't follow the rules and was not a typical good student.

In a way, he was more troublesome than traditional underachievers.

On the other hand, Ming Si became the student council president in her sophomore year, and the conflicts between the two grew rapidly.

There was a time when Ming Si seemed to be always find fault with Liang Xian.

So, every day, Lin Xijia would see Liang Xian practicing his signature at the school gate.

After greeting Ming Si, she would curiously look at the disciplinary book. The row that read High School (18) Class, Liang Xian, looked like it was collected by someone with OCD.

Liang Xian didn't care much, and he skillfully signed his name and threw the pen down, lazily raising his eyes. "Are we done?"

Ming Si took the disciplinary book, looked at it without really looking, and crossed her arms, "Remember, from now on, you must wear your school badge when entering and leaving the school gate, no exceptions."

Liang Xian nonchalantly put his hand in his uniform pocket, and responded indifferently, "Got it."

...Then the next day, Lin Xijia once again saw Ming Si catching Liang Xian at the school gate.

In terms of appearance, these two were a perfect match, dressed in the blue and white school uniform of the Affiliated Middle School, which was ranked first in the city's selection. At first glance, they looked like stars shooting a campus movie.

This made Lin Xijia's imagination run wild; she was quite certain that these two were bound to spark some romantic flames and that their friendship boat would inevitably turn into a love river.

But reality was cruel and paid no attention to the fanciful script of this scriptwriter who believed in love.

Now, many years had passed, and the boat was as stable as an old dog.

"You're talking nonsense. I'm not that childish," Ming Si refused to admit as she recalled the past from Lin Xijia, "It's just that he is too rebellious. The other students at Affiliated Middle School were well-behaved and wore their school badges every day. But I can't catch him doing anything wrong."

In fact, when Lin Xijia said this, Ming Si had already recalled her state of mind when she was finding fault with Liang Xian.

But she had too much pride to admit that she was seeking personal revenge.

"Yes, yes, yes," Lin Xijia touched her cat, perfunctorily agreeing, "You are upright. The problem lies with Liang Xian! He should be caught."

Ming Si was not satisfied with her tone. She glanced sideways and silently questioned her.

Lin Xijia lifted the ragdoll cat to cover her face, avoiding the deadly gaze, and somewhat hesitantly said, "He's my boss."

"So what?"

Is that a reason to collaborate with the enemy and betray your own country?

Without much thought, Ming Si retorted unkindly, "I'm your boss too."